Zooming the Web and Learning Your Ms — Mac Geek Gab 820
June 22, 2020 7:30 EDT AM
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 820 for Monday, June 22, 2020
- 00:02:16 Scott-CSF-Post-It app from 3M
- 00:04:27 Matt-CSF-Biscuit, a browser where each tab is sandboxed
- 00:06:14 Michael-CSF-Don Melton's Other Video Transcoding Project - New scripts for transcoding videos
- 00:08:11 Bruce-CSF-819-Keka for Creating Encrypted ZIP, Other Files
- 00:09:47 KiwiGraham-BusyCal is Now Available via SetApp
- 00:10:07 CSF-CloudFlare for families
- 00:11:50 Alex-CSF-WWDC Notes for when it's TL;DW
- 00:14:48 Jeremy-CSF-AudioMass and DeScript
- 00:16:13 David-CSF-The Levelator is back for cleaning up Audio
- 00:18:09 Jim-CSF-ConnectSense - a HomeKit Editor
- 00:20:24 CSF-Sonos Move, now in Lunar White. $399
- 00:22:55 Synology NVMe and 10G E Card for Older DiskStations
- 00:25:02 CSF-Two relatively new QNAP Features: Hybrid Mount and VJBOD
- 00:27:09 Review-Starling Home Hub
- 00:29:29 SPONSOR: Sunsoil makes pure and simple CBD products at an unbeatable price. Get 30% off your first order by going to Sunsoil.com/mgg.
- 00:31:25 SPONSOR: Linode - You can build it on Linode. Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Start with a $20 credit at linode.com/mgg.
- 00:32:56 Jedd-Caps Lock with Third-Party Keyboard
- 00:35:47 Michael-Suddenly Web Page is Zoomed (Right Click in URL Bar - Settings for This Website > Page Zoom)
- 00:41:00 Mike-Apple Mail and ISP Email Settings (Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Server Settings)
- 00:45:48 Bill-How to make a new Apple TV play local music?
- 00:49:09 Harvey-YouTube Videos Stop Playing in Safari
- 00:51:07 Dan-Replacing a Fusion Drive with an External SSD
- 00:56:05 Ian-Disk Wiping
- 00:59:38 Bart-819-Why Passwords on Routers/Modems Really Do Matter
- Security Bits Podcast
- Alex-819-Router Security Rant
- Home routers can be dangerous. VERY dangerous
- D-Link and Linksys routers hacked to point users to coronavirus-themed malware
- Bob-819-Router/Modem Password Followup
- 01:05:40 Robert-iMac or Synology/NAS for Plex Server?
- 01:16:43 David-Connecting a monitor with USB-C vs. HDMI?
- 01:22:09 Allison-817-Resize Dock to Reset Monitor for App Launching
- 01:24:06 Steve-817-Controlling when the Dock "Randomly" Moves
- 01:18:53 David-817-CSF-Tree Style Tabs for vertical browser tabs
- 01:20:50 Jeff-816-Reposition Screenshots with the new Screenshot App
- 01:25:12 MGG 820 Outtro
This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by John F. Braun
This topic was modified 1 week ago by Dave Hamilton