Juice Jackers and Battery Drainers – Mac Geek Gab 873
- 0000 Mac Geek Gab 873 for Monday, May 31, 2021
- Quick Tips
- 0039 Petter-QT-Music miniplayer can go MAX*
- 0030 Raymond-QT-Suck the suck out of your AirPods*
- 0051 Ben-MacBook Air Battery Not Staying Charged
- 0030 Matt-872-iPhone Battery Draining at Home*
- 0056 Paul-872-iMazing can cause Battery Drain
- 0042 SPONSOR: Fastmail. Be part of the very best in email. Try Fastmail free for 30 days and then get 10% off your first year at fastmail.com/mgg.
- 0043 SPONSOR: Linode – Get started today with $100 in free credit for Mac Geek Gab listeners at linode.com/mgg.
- Your Questions and Tips...Answered and Shared!
- 0021 John-USB Juice Jacking*
- 0005 Bill-M1 Mac mini Not Recognizing External Device*
- 0016 John-New iMac Ports and External Drive recommendations*
- 0021 Andrew-872-No Need for an AirTag in the Car*
- 0041 Les-Apple Remotes' Inverted Volume*
- 0040 Uh oh! We lost John! Or was it Dave who was lost?
- 0025 Adam-Google Authentication Issue
- 0038 Mark-872-Don't Forget about Code42 (aka CrashPlan)
- 0038 David-872-Our need for backups today is less than before*
- 0018 Michael-M1 iMac or M1 mini and Displays
- 0104 Paul-Compartmentalizing Necessary Malware*
- 0132 Keith-Replacing GarageBand's ReTune Feature
- 0125 Patrick-GC-Keep Music Playing in Background on iPhone?
- 0135 MGG 873 Outtro
I bought a couple of these a couple of years ago. 2 for less than $10.
PortaPow USB Data Blocker (Red 2 Pack) - Protect Against Juice Jacking
FYI. They now come in two new flavors of USB-C.
[ fyi: I'm not affiliated. ]