New vs. Used/Refurb, USB Disconnects, Notifications, and Ethernet Locations – Mac Geek Gab 760
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 760 for Monday, May 6, 2019
- 00:01:33 MGG Weekly Newsletter (being sent with MailChimp)
- 00:05:41 Resubscribe to the MGG Calendar
- 00:07:26 DLH Presenting at MLMUG on Saturday May, 11th
- 00:07:57 Neal-USB Drives Reporting Dismounts
- 00:13:30 Phil-Why does it say "No Internet Connection"?
- 00:20:24 Dennis-Using old AirPort Express to Share Printer
- 00:25:21 SPONSOR: Experian Boost – Boost your FICO score instantly for free at Experian.com/MGG. Experian Boost can potentially help you establish or increase your access to credit.
- 00:27:18 SPONSOR: Capterra – Visit Capterra.com/MGG for free, today, to find the tools to make an informed software decision for your business.
- 00:29:06 Paul-When do you buy new vs. used/refurb?
- 00:34:58 Scott-Which apps to replace Aperture?
- 00:45:37 Jim-Using Dual SIM to Travel the World
- 00:57:39 SPONSOR: TextExpander: TextExpander helps you communicate smarter. Create snippets for things you type – or copy and paste – all the time. Get 20% off your first year’s subscription at TextExpander.com/podcast.
- 01:00:20 SPONSOR: Malwarebytes for Mac – Malwarebytes detects and removes viruses, ransomware, and other malware so you are protected and your machine keeps running silky smooth.
- 01:03:05 Barbara-Creating Video Clips from One Long Video
- 01:07:18 Tim-759-Sectigo's Change to Comodo's S/MIME Certificates
- 01:12:03 Jon-757-Hold Power First on new Portables
- 01:14:49 Todd-iStat Menus for Magic Mouse Battery Notifications
- 01:16:21 Bill-Favorite Mailbox Notifications on iOS
- 01:17:18 Michael-758-1Password Can Sync in Background
- 01:20:49 Glen-758-Wire to the ceiling!
- 01:21:42 Rob-758-Wire the doorbell
- 01:22:56 Chris-756-Use Password Managers with Remote App
- 01:24:30 Bob-757-Startup Chime dead at 32
- 01:25:56 MGG 760 Outtro
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- Active MGG Sponsors and Coupon Codes List
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
Thanks for the heads-up, Mike! That's a new one to me, and a good one to know!
I'm pretty sure that's one of the one's Apple automatically tries in the background (or, well, should try, but sometimes devices don't, for whatever reason). Great stuff.