Non-HomeKit Siri Control, Restoring from Trash, Quick Tips, and Cool Stuff Found – Mac Geek Gab 740
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 740 for Monday, December 17, 2018
- 00:01:39 System space being taken up
- 00:07:00 SPONSOR: Jamf Now. MGG listeners can start securing their business today by managing their first 3 devices for free! Add more starting at just two dollars a month, per device. Create your free account today at jamf.com/MGG
- 00:08:54 Rick-QT-Put something back from the Trash
- Ctrl-Click then choose Put Back, File | Put Back or Cmd-Delete
- 00:10:59 Jason-QT-Disable Mojave Screenshot Thumbnails
- 00:14:24 Keith-QT-See original Photos on iOS
- 00:15:48 Dave-QT-Use Keyboard Shortcut Services to Encode Audio and More
- 00:18:19 MGGF-Macintosh Software Repository
- 00:19:47 SPONSOR: Opsgenie, now from Atlassian! Opsgenie empowers Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. Visit Opsgenie.com to get a free company account for up to 5 team members, forever.
- 00:22:59 Joe-Alexa vs. HomePod
- 00:31:14 Patrick-Use Siri to Control non-HomeKit Devices with Google Assistant
- 00:39:39 Eric-What Safari Extensions do you use?
- 00:49:32 SPONSOR: CacheFly. CacheFly's new solution Web Content Optimization analyzes your current Google Lighthouse score to optimize all your content before it's delivered to visitors without requiring any development effort from you, all in the background.
- 00:52:00 MGGF-Which Hub/Dock to Get?
- 00:59:51 Conrad-Upgrade to ISP Wi-Fi Router?
- 01:08:18 Tom-New Cable Modem Advice
- 01:14:04 Greg-739-CSF-Simple Screen Shade
- 01:15:03 Maccast-CSF-Sharecuts
- 01:16:01 Michael-738-Wi-Fi Trouble Follow-up
- 01:18:41 CSF-Nest Protect Smoke and CO Alarm
- 01:24:01 MGG 740 Outtro
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- Active MGG Sponsors and Coupon Codes List
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
This topic was modified 6 months ago 4 times by Dave Hamilton
This topic was modified 6 months ago by John F. Braun