Swipe Right... In the Stopwatch App – Mac Geek Gab Podcast 777
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 777 for Monday, September 2, 2019
- No One Knows if you’ve swiped left or swiped right in the stopwatch app
- 00:02:59 Mike-QT-Capture iOS Screen Video & Sweep Second Hand Stop Watch
- 00:05:18 QT-iOS Safari History
- Tap and hold on forward or back control to display History
- 00:07:40 Brad-New Mac Setup Guide
- 00:23:06 SPONSOR: TextExpander: TextExpander helps you communicate smarter. Create snippets for things you type – or copy and paste – all the time. Get 20% off your first year’s subscription at TextExpander.com/podcast.
- 00:25:23 Todd-Can Windows Viruses infect Macs through Bootcamp or Parallels?
- 00:29:00 John-776-Apple Card *does* Minimum Payment
- 00:36:00 Ed-775-Sending in an Unencrypted Hard Drive
- 00:47:08 SPONSOR: Linode - You can build it on Linode. Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Start with a $20 credit using promo code mgg2019 at linode.com/mgg.
- 00:49:09 Felipe-CSF-776-CopyPaste Pro's ClipRevolver
- 00:50:31 Ralph and Will-CSF-776-reFind Boot Manager
- 00:51:54 Javier-776-Apple's Thermal Curve Might Be Biting Allison
- 00:56:38 CSF-Eufy Smart Scale P1
- 01:00:04 Power Delivery Battery Roundup
- 01:07:13 Apple Podcast Review for 8/23/2019
- 01:09:45 Kent-Connecting FireWire to 2019 iMac
- Cable Matters Thunderbolt 3 to T2 Adapter
- 01:14:14 Craig-Daisy-Chaining Thunderbolt Docks
- 01:16:03 EvTheNerd-Dealing with Apple Customer Relations
- 01:21:29 Daniel-To VPN or not to VPN?
- 01:29:14 MGG 777 Outtro
- VNC Server: Remote Access for "my" College Student's Computer (used with my RealVNC account).
- Other settings
-- Since many computers (especially in dorms) are on shared network, ENABLE macOS Firewall and enable the optional "Enable Stealth Mode" setting.
I created a thread for this, but maybe this is a better place to post this particular message.
I've seen a small jump in sales just from a 30-second snippet.
For those of you who did purchase and are regulars here, please don't hesitate to let me know what you think the book would benefit from in future updates. I take my customers' suggestions seriously and try to incorporate the ideas, when possible.
@davehamilton I've sent you a private message in Facebook messenger.
Thank you all again!
Ed, Your welcome! I am glad that more people have had an opportunity to read your book as it is a good resource that answers many of the basic questions that people have when when using a Mac. This is also proof that MacGeekGab has an engaged audience that is willing to support the community when they find a product or service they find value in.