Notifications
Clear all

#807: Cable Modem Status  

RSS

Mike Price
(@pricemi115)
Eminent Member
March 23, 2020 9:37 EDT AM  

@DaveHamilton - For cable modem status on my Comcast provided modem, I need to go to 10.0.0.1. 192.168.100.1 gives No Joy for me.

I am on an Arris TG3482G. I also have the modem in bridge mode, if that matters at all.

Dave Hamilton
(@davehamilton)
Admin
March 23, 2020 9:47 EDT AM  
Posted by: @pricemi115

@DaveHamilton - For cable modem status on my Comcast provided modem, I need to go to 10.0.0.1. 192.168.100.1 gives No Joy for me.

I am on an Arris TG3482G. I also have the modem in bridge mode, if that matters at all.

Wow... that's odd. I haven't encountered one like that before. I definitely have seen the ones that will answer on both the "router" address and the DOCSIS address, but in bridge mode it's always been my experience that the latter worked, and not the former. 

Glad you were able to suss this out, though! 😉 

ReplyQuote
Mike Price
(@pricemi115)
Eminent Member
March 23, 2020 9:51 EDT AM  

@davehamilton - Well in fairness, I can give the "router" address another try. I am running a huge backup that makes some network traffic really slow and I may not have been as patient. Kinda surprised the wife hasn't paused the backup yet....or tried to kill me. But I need to pause it anyway since the daughter's "online" skool starts in 40 minutes.

[edited]

Pausing backup did not resolve the issue. Can only go to 10.0.0.1

ReplyQuote
Joe Preiser
(@joepreiser)
March 23, 2020 1:30 EDT PM  

If the Arris is in bridge mode, a different device will be acting as the router so navigating to the router's IP in a browser will not get to the modem.

In my case, I have a Comcast gateway (internet and phone; don't recall the model) set up in bridge mode and an Eero mesh setup providing LAN service (DNS, wifi, routing, etc.).  Therefore, I need to navigate to 10.0.0.1 to access my cable modem. Navigating to the LAN router IP tries to access the Eero which yields an error.

ReplyQuote
Share: