Forum

Affordable Decent Laser Printer  

RSS

stlguy57
(@stlguy57)
November 8, 2018 5:58 EST PM  

Was wondering if anyone could suggest an affordable laser printer?  Need to replace my Canon inkjet and was looking at laser printers.  

The printer will not be used regularly so I thought a laser might be a better choice since the ink would not have a chance to dry out.  I know Dave had mentioned a laser printer for his daughter in college on MGG but I can't find the info from past show notes. I thought he was pleased with the model he found.  If anyone has input, I would be most grateful.

Thanks, Bill in St. Louis

ReplyQuote
laughingcamera
(@laughingcamera)
November 8, 2018 6:12 EST PM  

I will assume you need a black and white one only? I got one of these two months ago and has been trouble free. Does two sided printing too.

Brother HLL2320D Compact Single-Function Monochrome Laser Printer $99 at Staples

ReplyQuote
stlguy57
(@stlguy57)
November 8, 2018 6:24 EST PM  

Thanks for the feedback ctphoto, I'll check it out.  Yes, B&W only.  Is the toner exorbitantly expensive?

This post was modified 6 days  ago by stlguy57

ReplyQuote
laughingcamera
(@laughingcamera)
November 8, 2018 6:37 EST PM  

$54 for new toner, 2600 pages worth, but I have been using the starter toner that came with it, have done hundreds of pages with just that. Your actual milage may vary. Depends on quality setting and how much coverage on a page, I use it just to print text.

stlguy57 liked
ReplyQuote
stlguy57
(@stlguy57)
November 8, 2018 6:45 EST PM  

Perfect, thanks.  I found a refurb for $76.99 at Staples.  The price is right.   👍 

ReplyQuote
jforbush
(@jforbush)
November 10, 2018 5:14 EST AM  

Brother 2350/2370 (series anyway)

stlguy57 liked
ReplyQuote
Alex Santos
(@alex-santos)
November 10, 2018 7:21 EST AM  

I know that you found your laser printer of choice but for anyone who stumbles here, consider purchasing a used HP 4100N, this is an outstanding printer! I bought it used and it's although it's network printer designated for small office use, it's incredibly robust.

I've owned one for at least a decade and it's still going strong and even has a very decent web interface. I am very satisfied with this model and would instantly recommend it to anyone today. They are old but definitely worth it for anyone considering a second hand laser printer, and yes parts and toner are still available today.

This post was modified 5 days  ago by Alex Santos

stlguy57 and jforbush liked
ReplyQuote
Dave Hamilton
(@davehamilton)
Admin
November 14, 2018 10:46 EST AM  

I ordered this Samsung Xpress M2020W for my daughter for college. It's $99 now, but was $59.99 back in August when we bought it.

Nevertheless, she LOVES it. Raves about it all the time.

ReplyQuote
Share: