Forum

Notifications
Clear all

All finder documents lost with 11.4 upgrade. Need 11.3 installer

Mark Rego
(@mark-rego)
Topic starter  

Does anyone have a Big Sur 11.3x installer? I recently installed 11.4 and it was a disaster. ALL of the documents on the finder (on desktop or in folders) have vanished. They are somewhere in the computer as if I spotlight search them they will open. Apple could not figure this out. Doing a restore with time Machine will not work as new documents vanish after a few minutes. So I have to go back a step.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Rego

cpragman
(@cpragman)
Eminent Member

I don’t think it’s possible to downgrade the OS to 11.3. 

sounds like maybe you have iCloud desktop turned on

ReplyQuote
Mark Rego
(@mark-rego)
Topic starter  

@cpragman

It has been on for a long time. The documents are cleared out of there too. Why is it not possible to just install 11.3 if you have the installer? And if it is impossible, would you suggest I put in the beta to 11.5?

Thanks for the info!

ReplyQuote
Mark Rego
(@mark-rego)
Topic starter  

As an update; the more I search this, the more it looks like an iCloud drive issue. Does anyone have experience with their desktop disappearing everywhere (ie, on iCloud desktop and documents also), and getting everything back from iCloud somehow?

Thanks,

Mark

ReplyQuote
Ben Rosenthal
(@earthsaver)
Estimable Member

It sounds like Desktop & Documents might have been disabled in System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Drive Options. And if you’re still able to find the files on your Mac, I’d guess they ended up in an iCloud Drive Archive folder in your Home folder.

ReplyQuote
Share: