Forum

Best Cloud Services for Apple Products  

RSS

David H
(@david-h)
November 2, 2018 11:34 EST AM  

My wife and I have numerous Apple Products both Mac OS X and iOS devices. I am looking for feedback on the best Cloud Service for our devices. I am not pleased with iCloud Service as it does not do "Sharing" of Folders nor does it do "Selective Sync" (choosing which Data to stay in the Cloud vs Local Storage.

I am using the "Free Dropbox" service and like its capabilites very much, and am considering going with a Paid Plan, my only reservation is the price they want to charge.

Any other suggestions?

Thank You

DavidH

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
Graham McKay
(@kiwigraham)
November 2, 2018 7:47 EST PM  

Just to clarify terminology, I think you’re specifically asking about cloud file storage services? (You can certainly mix & match between the different providers for each type of cloud service such as: files, calendars, email, contacts, bookmarks, photos...)

Personally I like Dropbox because it is very well known and has developed a solid set of features. Their pricing structure does make it look a little expensive but in general by providing 1TB with the paid plan it removes any ongoing worries/support issues around having enough space.

One cloud storage service that many people forget that they have access to for no extra cost is Microsoft’s OneDrive, which gives 1TB of space as part of an Office365 subscription.

The well known services now integrate into the “Files” app on iOS giving easier access than previously.

ReplyQuote
David H
(@david-h)
November 2, 2018 8:33 EST PM  

Thank you for the Reply Graham.

Yes I was referring to File Storage.

I am leaning to DropBox as I think it fits my needs the best.

Thank You

ReplyQuote
(@entytech)
November 5, 2018 5:16 EST AM  

Doesn't AWS or Azure works as cross-platform? 

ReplyQuote
Share: