email profiles not working
This is on an iMac. Its running High Sierra 10.13 something. I want to add a new email account. The computer is trying to run this on MS outlook 365. it also didn’t want to connect when I went into mail app BUT it did at some point get entered.
Here you can see its in the system preferences -> internet accounts. Now when I went to delete it I got
So my thought is that maybe the MacBook Pro is on a new operating system which is upsetting how or where the data is being held.
Another thought is that maybe the icloud keychain in Stuarts Macbook pro is fighting to control this account info and upsetting this iMac.
Oh and I tried to install using a cPanel -> Mail Client Automatic Configuration Script. Its should show in system preferences -> profiles but this did not get added to the panel.
Any other thoughts or solutions to get the bugger stable?
So the first thing to get clear here is whether you want to use Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail as your email app. They are each configured independently in different places.
ie. Your Outlook profile will not be affected by the Internet Accounts settings in System Preferences.
If you have look in cPanel settings again it should have a section with explicit details for the incoming and outgoing server details. Better to use that than any auto config file.
yes i understand . as you can see form the first image i was manually entering the cpanel data into the outlook setup but it was having no look. i got to a point where nothing would work in outlook so then tried mail and finally thought i would try a profile.
Strange thing is , after a chat to the computers owner it was working on the imac for a few days. this leads me back to thinking there is something being messed up via keychain moving data to/from the newer os. Not yet found the other device os versions, thats my next step
My first port of call is to log in to the account via webmail to make sure that authentication details are correct.
With cPanel provided accounts one of the problems can be with a mismatched SSL certificate ie. the server certificate doesn’t include to customer’s domain. In which case try using the IP address rather than domain for the incoming and outgoing servers.
yep did all that & whitelisted his IP. The last bit is the solution i have used. however instead of the IP i used the servers main domain (as we have certificates for it for our whitelisted IP connections).
Its still annoying that i cannot find anything in keychain. webmail & domain calls complete ok and yet its email logins still get messed up somewhere.