Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Family sharing with wife, that wants to buy on her own credit card  

RSS

(@steve_hammond)
Eminent Member
May 22, 2020 3:02 EDT PM  

I added my wife to the family sharing, but now she cannot purchase things with her own credit card.

What’s the way to let her share my iCloud storage, but let her pay her own purchase on her account with her personal credit card?

(@lsinger9404)
Eminent Member
May 23, 2020 1:08 EDT PM  

Good luck. It can't be done. i tried. Apple has told me the master account is in charge of the payment.

Have her buy Apple gift cards with her credit card and add those to the account. Kinda like "pre-paid".

ReplyQuote
(@steve_hammond)
Eminent Member
May 23, 2020 8:08 EDT PM  
Posted by: @lsinger9404

Good luck. It can't be done. i tried. Apple has told me the master account is in charge of the payment.

Have her buy Apple gift cards with her credit card and add those to the account. Kinda like "pre-paid".

Yea, I searched the internet and many Apple's documentation to find out a way, but they all came to the same conclusion: Apple rules are so restrictive that it is not possible.

Thank you for taking the time to answer it.

ReplyQuote
(@steve_hammond)
Eminent Member
May 23, 2020 8:14 EDT PM  

I forgot to mention, but the only way I found was to disable Family Purchases sharing, but that causes some other problems along the way, so I came back to the "I'm the buyer of everything" solution.

ReplyQuote
(@lsinger9404)
Eminent Member
May 23, 2020 8:37 EDT PM  

Well, I’m sure there’s a valid reason. Maybe it prevents people from willy-nilly just allowing anyone to be part of their “family“ and encourages more people to purchase their own subscriptions. Like, say, someone who is sharing with coworkers at the office.

ReplyQuote
Share: