Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Finding content from a 2021 episode

themeister
(@themeister)
Topic starter  

I'm a dedicated MGG listener and remember Dave taking about creating a note while bicycling on a recent episode..... now I have a similar use case and would like to find that discussion. How would I search for that? Is there a list of topics covered in chronological order?

(@dogstir)

Swiping Left (or Right!), Suspicious Packages, and Cool Stuff Found — Mac Geek Gab 874

https://www.macobserver.com/podcasts/macgeekgab-874/

02:00 QT-Hey, Siri, Text Myself

It is then addressed two episodes later, and one or two more times after that.

I have DEVONthink save all show notes using the RSS feed, and then I can use DEVONthink's natural language searching to find what I'm looking for. That's how I found this.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 3 times by Jeffrey Parker

ReplyQuote
datafornothinandbitsforfree
(@datafornothinandbitsforfree)
Reputable Member

Get Drafts, then

”Het Siri, Launch Drafts and take a note”

Siri will ask what you want to say  

You can also say

”Hey Sirs, Remind me when I get Home”

Sisi will ask what you want to be reminded about. You will get a reminder about 5 minutes after you get home. 

Or you can say

”Hey Siri, Message Me”

Siri will ask what you want to say. 

if you have another notes app similar to Drafts, try the same “Hey Siri, Launch app-name-here, and take a note”

ReplyQuote
Dave Hamilton
(@davehamilton)
Admin

Posted by: @dogstir

I have DEVONthink save all show notes using the RSS feed, and then I can use DEVONthink's natural language searching to find what I'm looking for. That's how I found this.

Thanks, @dogstir. That is a GENIUS way of doing this. Much better than my "I remember this... it was about the time of [x], so I should look at the notes for the three episodes we recorded around then. 🙂 

That said, we do have a "smart search" idea on the development list, and I think 2022 will be the year we all get to actually see it!

ReplyQuote
Share: