Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How to make a web page with photos tagged by face and name?  

RSS

carmatter
(@carmatter)
June 17, 2020 5:15 EDT PM  

Background: I work for a graduate school of theology where I serve as Director of Admissions and by default the tech guy on campus (we're a branch campus 125 miles from our parent institution). We have a WordPress website for our school, and we also have a repository at our parent institution for scholarly works, which I think only works for documents.

Question: The advancement office is scanning the photos of our graduating classes (1958-present) and want to post them online with the faces tagged. The goal is that someone could come to the website and enter their grandparent's name and see that graduating class and know which one of those young people is their (now ancient) ancestor. It seems like this should be pretty easy, but I'm having a mental block.

Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Matt

Example photo - we have 61 of these

graduation 2018 jmontgomery 00209

Topic Tags
Ben Rosenthal
(@earthsaver)
Estimable Member
June 23, 2020 12:16 EDT AM  

WordPress supports metadata for media items. So, you should be able to find a simple plugin that displays photos with the metadata in a particular way. <wordpress photo gallery with captions> is a popular Google search, for example.

ReplyQuote
carmatter
(@carmatter)
June 23, 2020 10:50 EDT AM  

@earthsaver Thanks, Ben. In my search, I'm not finding anything with face tagging.

ReplyQuote
Share: