Forum

I have a tip but can't seem to find where to post it!  

RSS

Steven
(@steven)
November 30, 2018 8:46 EDT AM  

Hi Guys, long, long, looooooong time listener here from the UK!  Here's the scenario:

1. Setup: Late 2013 MBP running Mojave (latest 10.14.1 as of todays date). iPhone XR, latest iOS (12.1 as of todays date).  Both on same wifi network & signed in on same apple ID.

2.Problem: No matter what I tried I could not make or receive calls using my mac, followed the guides online, still nothing.  I discovered that the "Calls on other devices" option in ipHone>settings>phone was missing.  Googled around, no joy.  Had a web chat with support.  Tried all the usual stuff, nothing.  Stumped.

3.Solution: I ended up typing the exact wording that the iPhone prompt says when the option becomes available but will still not work into google and found that there is a single, tiny teeny setting in Facetime settings that needs to be on.  iPhone>settings>facetime and tap "Use Apple ID for FaceTime".  That's it!  An hour of searching.  Tapped that toggle and all fell into place.

I thought I'd post this as it was driving me insane and it might help someone else!  Hope it appears in the show!  Thanks all!

This topic was modified 11 months ago by Steven

Topic Tags
Share: