Forum

Macbook Pro Battery recommendations  

RSS

hdh15
(@hdh15)
December 7, 2018 11:44 EST AM  

I have a MacBook Pro mid-2012,  13". I noticed on either Fruit Juice, or my i-Stat menu drop down, when I click on battery, it says that my battery condition is "Service Battery". It is listed as Health - 68%.

So I'm pretty sure I need to replace the battery. I know that I can do it myself, as I've done other internal changes in this MacBook, such as add memory and replace the internal hard drive with an SSD drive. 

My question is where to buy the battery. I know that OWC sells a compatible battery for $97, which I'm sure is a good one to get. But on Amazon, there are a number of similar batteries (spec wise) for under $50.00.

Any thoughts on which one to get. Have any of you had any experiences with low-cost batteries from Amazon that I should consider?  Remembering that this is a 2012 machine and it works well for what I use it for, and I'm not looking to replace it yet. I even still have my working 2007 MacBook (which uses an external monitor in place of the internal one that doesn't work), which shows you how long I keep computers. I mostly work off of my iPad 6, so the MacBook Pro is not heavily used.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Ben Rosenthal
(@earthsaver)
December 9, 2018 12:00 EST AM  

OWC’s is the only battery I’d buy. What kind of warrant do you get on Amazon?

ReplyQuote
hdh15
(@hdh15)
December 9, 2018 8:58 EST AM  

Depending on which battery, between 12 and 18 months.

ReplyQuote
Share: