Forum

May Not Mac?  

RSS

whshep
(@whshep)
June 14, 2018 3:16 EST PM  

Here's a question that has bothered me for some time: at the end of the show, there's a swooshing sound, and a deep voice says something that sounds like "May Not Mac."

What in the world does that mean?

ReplyQuote
Dave Hamilton
(@davehamilton)
Admin
June 14, 2018 3:32 EST PM  

Great question! 

That voice says, “Made on a Mac!”

Interestingly, we’ve had this sound at the end of the show for far more than a decade now, and only recently have people started commenting on it. One listener suggested polling the community to record their own versions of that audio and send it in. 

I would love to feature all of you instead of that old sound file of now-forgotten origin. If you want to send one in, feel free to upload it here as a comment or just email us to feedback@macgeekgab.com and we’ll happily feature you!

jforbush liked
ReplyQuote
whshep
(@whshep)
June 14, 2018 3:47 EST PM  

Pretty funny, “Made on Mac” never occurred to me. Somehow that voice seems forbidding …

If you do replace it, think about a mashup, like the opening credits of the Radiolab podcast, which always makes me smile. 

ReplyQuote
FixedOn66
(@fixedon66)
June 15, 2018 1:47 EST PM  

This reminds me of the 70s songs I listened to as a teen. Without fail I'd totally screw up at least one line in every song. Some lines to this day evade my perception.

Oh Bennie she's really keen

She's got electric boots a ...bla bla bla... [mohair suit]

Why didn't I know he was saying "mohair suit"?! I mean every 14 year old in Oklahoma knew about mohair suits! NOT!

ReplyQuote
Share: