Forum

Phishing - Who to report to?  

RSS

hdh15
(@hdh15)
15/04/2019 11:55 am  

For the past two days, I've been getting an e-mail, supposedly from the Apple Store stating: [Order Confirmation] BIGO LIVE on 4/14/2019 5:18:31 PM] which was received on 11/14/19 at 1:18 PM EST and the second exactly the same only this one the order confirmation was 4/15/2019 at 11:45:02 AM and was received by me at 7:45 AM. There was a third one sent seconds later.

The sender says Store Apple

It is addressed to my Apple ID email and under Apple ID lists my Apple ID email

It refers to a purchase made 24/07/2108 (All my other purchases made write out the date.)

It has an order number: YZPTPPV  (which looks like no Apple receipt email I've ever gotten.) and a Document No. both are clickable links.

It has a section called Payment which just lists the word Credit Card as opposed to all my other Apple email receipts which list both the name of the credit card and last 4 digits in the Billed to: area with my name and address.

Then comes the normal looking bill and underneath it states:

To cancel your purchase within 48 hours of receiving this invoice, go to Cancel and Manage Subscriptions, which is a clickable link.

The rest looks normal except it said it was an in-App purchase on an iPhone 5s

One, I never ordered BIGO LIVE (it seems to be a real App in the App store. I've logged on to the Apple Store, iTunes Store, and checked all my emails from Apple and no purchase is listed at all. I've checked my credit card statements and recent transactions and there are no Apple invoices other than ones I really made. And I don't and never had owned an iPhone 5s. And the date sent is ahead of the time I received it.

To me, this really is a Phishing expedition.

On a secondary note, I received an email on April 10, this one supposedly from Apple stating:

Your Apple ID was used to sign in to a new web browser.

Date and Time : April 10, 2019

IP Address : 95.31.18.119

Your Apple ID has been temporarily disabled for security reason.

Again, it listed my Apple ID and had a clickable link to change my password, which I didn't click. I went and signed into Apple and had no problem signing in; and shouldn't it be disabled for security "reasons"?

Another phishing attempt.

Who do I report these attempts to?  And should I be thinking about changing my Apple ID? If so, how do I keep all the records from my present Apple ID? Can they be transferred? Have any of you gotten emails like this? What did you do other than delete the email?

Ari Laquidara
(@tech_hero)
Estimable Member
15/04/2019 12:49 pm  

For sure you want to change your Apple Password & set up 2FA.

Phishing can be reported to [email protected].

ReplyQuote
Share: