Forum

Power Surge Protection  

RSS

damien@analyst-sa.com
(@damienanalyst-sa-com)
November 1, 2019 1:49 EST AM  

Good Morning All,

I need to borrow your combined brain power, If I may?

In South Africa we have a thing called “Load Shedding” and a very unreliable electricity grid. Which means that we are usually on a Rotational Black Out Schedule of around 4 - 5 hours a time. So most of the companies have resorted to generators, so that operations are able to continue this causes serious surges not only that but frequent surges from our electricity supplier when the power is on.

These surges are causing damages of all sorts from ups’s lasting two to three weeks, Laptop Batteries exploding, Laptop Chargers frequently needing replacing.

The building has surge arrestors fitted on the main distribution box (Fuse Box as I believe you call them) and each floor has surge arrestors fitted as a secondary precaution as well as surge protector plugs at each physical plug but nothing seems to stop damages happening.

Do you guys by any chance have any ideas as to what I can use to stop these problems?

datafornothinandbitsforfree
(@datafornothinandbitsforfree)
Reputable Member
November 4, 2019 10:58 EST PM  

It sounds like you need a Power Conditioning device.  I am NOT recommending the following, just posting it as an example

https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/categories/power/audio-video-solutions/av-power-conditioners-with-battery/N-1lvvdnh

ReplyQuote
damien@analyst-sa.com
(@damienanalyst-sa-com)
November 5, 2019 5:10 EST AM  

@datafornothinandbitsforfree

Thank you for this I am looking into them now they must have a different name here as I cannot find a supplier that has them but I will investigate and revert back than you for the response.

Damien

ReplyQuote
Share: