Forum

Rearranging iphone icons on computer  

RSS

(@lsinger9404)
January 4, 2019 12:24 EST PM  
I wanted to find out if anyone knew how to rearrange the home screen on the computer now that iTunes no longer allows one to do that.
I got Apple Configurator 2, but that is a hot mess. Tiny icons and I can only see the first 4 screens. 

Ben Rosenthal
(@earthsaver)
Trusted Member
January 4, 2019 4:37 EST PM  

Why is this important to do instead of doing it on iPhone?

ReplyQuote
(@lsinger9404)
January 4, 2019 5:07 EST PM  

Because I'm a quadriplegic and don't have the finger dexterity to drag an icon, or a few icons, through multiple screens to get to a folder that plays hide and go seek with as i'm trying to drop said icon(s) into the folder and then missing the folder only to have the icons plant themselves where they were dropped (or disappear altogether never to be found again). To get an easy to see overall view of my screens to put icons where I want and arrange folders. So I can easily pick more than one icon to drag rather than accidentally lift my "finger" (it's actually a stylus tip placed at the end of peg protruding from the orthotic arm brace I type with) and loose the icon(s). 

Basically, using iTunes to arrange my screens worked beautifully for me. That's why.

ReplyQuote
Ben Rosenthal
(@earthsaver)
Trusted Member
January 7, 2019 12:59 EST AM  

Got it. I just tested this on my iPhone. Though I only have two home screens, I made the Modify Home Screen Layout sheet smaller and was able to scroll horizontally to reveal other home screens.

In my case, I revealed the hidden empty screen that’s always available when in jiggly mode. Do you find you’re not able to scroll, of even if you do, you still can’t see more than four?

ReplyQuote
Share: