Forum

ScanSnap Home doesn't see my S1300i  

RSS

appleseed
(@appleseed)
Eminent Member
12/08/2019 6:21 pm  

Looking to reduce my number of 32-bit apps, I just installed the new ScanSnap Home from Fujistu.  It correctly deleted the old peripheral apps (CardMinder, ScanSnap Organizer, etc). and reached the stage to connect to my ScanSnap S1300i, but claims it doesn't see it.  On the ScanSnap, the blue light continues to blink but never goes solid. One the screen it says "Failed to connect to the ScanSnap with a USB cable". When I look in System Information, it's there under USB so it's communicating to the USB bus.

When I connect the ScanSnap to my laptop with the old ScanSnap software, it works perfectly fine.

Fujisu's online support, while it exists, is not particularly helpful, as it always inevitably contacting the vendor where I bought it.  Since that was many years ago, I don't expect them to be on top of this issue.

Anyone have any success stories installing the new ScanSnap Home?

Topic Tags
appleseed
(@appleseed)
Eminent Member
14/08/2019 8:02 pm  

The simple answer is: I thought I had an S1300i, but on closer inspection I have an S1300 which makes all the difference.  The S1300i is on the 64-bit supported list. The S1300 is not.

So, I guess I'm keeping an older workstation devoted to ScanSnap work in the future.

ReplyQuote
Share: