Forum

Software frequently recommended in MGG  

RSS

Graham McKay
(@kiwigraham)
June 13, 2018 11:57 EST AM  

Maybe we can create some “sticky” topics of a list of the “go to” Mac & iOS software. Not quite sure how to format such a thing but possibly a separate “topic” for each such that new info or tips can be added as comments?

ReplyQuote
Dave Hamilton
(@davehamilton)
Admin
June 14, 2018 12:00 EST PM  

Great idea, Graham. I'm not sure what format would be best, so I'll just go with this and start listing things. As this post grows (or not) we'll perhaps learn what the best way to do this is. Maybe it's even a separate forum?

My off-the-top-of-my-head top 5 (which means I'm definitely forgetting something)

Default Folder

Keyboard Maestro

TextExpander

App Tamer

iStumbler

ReplyQuote
FixedOn66
(@fixedon66)
June 15, 2018 1:24 EST PM  

As a longtime TexExpander user can you explain the benefit of Keyboard Maestro? Has the program outgrown its name?

Other apps:

PDFPen?

BBEdit?

I know they're sponsors but they're also mainstays. 

ReplyQuote
Dave Hamilton
(@davehamilton)
Admin
June 15, 2018 1:34 EST PM  
Posted by: FixedOn66

As a longtime TexExpander user can you explain the benefit of Keyboard Maestro? Has the program outgrown its name?

Yeah, for sure. It's far more than just a keystroke shortener like TextExpander. It's an automation powerhouse, triggering all kinds of actions and scripts and things. I couldn't live without it. I use it for our timestamps when we record, but it also mounts and unmount my drives automatically based on conditions (like ControlPlane used to), etc.

ReplyQuote
Share: