Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Why would Photos only download at night?  

RSS

Allison Sheridan
(@podfeet)
Trusted Member
December 12, 2019 5:48 EST PM  

I love iCloud Photo Library. I love it so much, I have nearly 80,000 photos in my library, so it's around 700GB now.  Also, iCloud Photo Library will be the death of me. Getting a new computer, or after a nuke and pave (intentional or otherwise) is always an exercise in frustration getting the full-sized images back on my Mac.

In this year's version of "torture Allison", I've finally gotten the full-sized images to start coming down to my Mac, but oddly they only come down in volume overnight.  For example, the night of 12/10, 91GB downloaded.  In the next 4 hours, I only gained 25GB.  For the rest of the day, I only gained another 2GB.  But that night, I gained another 110GB.  The next day, I gained 30MB!  Last night I gained 50GB, and today I've gained 20MB.

I thought maybe it was network traffic during the day, but Steve and I are both out for many hours a day where no one is playing on the network.

On this particular attempt to download originals, I've been tracking it for around 5 days and I'm not half done yet.  Maybe I should change the system clock so it thinks it's night time?

Allison Sheridan
(@podfeet)
Trusted Member
December 17, 2019 1:56 EST PM  

I guess I need to start a support group for iCloud Photo Libraries > 500GB. No one can ever answer my questions. 

😒

ReplyQuote
Share: