Forum

document storage on synology  

RSS

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but does anyone have a good recomendation for a workflow for the following, we accumilate half a rainforest in important papers/bank statements etc.

So, I've got a synology NAS

I'd like to be able to easily capture a pdf of a letter that comes through our door and have it stored on the NAS quickly and easily from either mine or my wifes iphone.

It's a bit labour intensive to scan every document and manually transfer it to the NAS.

Any advice would be welcome

thanks!

1 Answer

I don't know what you mean exactly by manually, but, I've tried with TurboScan on iOS and you can send pdf with Open pdf in, then select DS File, login to you Synology and choose your folder. You do need to select where it goes at one point though. You can do the same thing with ScannerPro and probably all of scanning app. I haven't found a way to automate it more than that since Siri shortcut support Drive or DS file at the moment (that I know anyway). You can save to a webdav server in ScannerPro, but I guess if you're not at home it would be kind of risky to open it up your Synology just for scanning stuff. You still need to name the document so it won't be all automatic anyway.

Share: