Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Remount SMB after wake

RSS

Topic starter

How does one automatically remount SMB network shares after wake? I have a few volumes from my Synology that auto-connect upon login (I have these shortcuts in the user login items), but disconnect upon sleep... and then disappear after wake. I see there is probably a solution with Keyboard Maestro, but wondering if there is some OS setting I can change more easily. 

4 Answers

DrDan,

I captured a screenshot of my solution which was to put it in the login items and it mounts the disk at startup and login. 

Screen Shot 2021 08 07 at 07.12.27

Also, Mike Bombich's (Carbon Copy Cloner) recommendation was to use AFP as the transfer protocol.

Hope this works for you!

NicevilleSteve

Topic starter

Thanks, NicevilleSteve; will try the AFP way, see if I have better persistency than with SMB. It just seems like the login items are only launched upon login, and not when waking from sleep... but the truth is that sometimes the volume stays mounted and sometimes it doesn't between sleep and wakes. It always reconnects with a logoff/login. 

I put my Mac in sleep and don't log out and the drives stay mounted... Could it be something in the Synology/Mac power management?

Screen Shot 2021 08 09 at 07.27.45

Sorry I couldn't provide more support as I'm just a novice and only added it to my network this year. 

Topic starter

It's curious, but since connecting with AFP, the network share stays connected between sleep and wake up. Thanks for the tip. 

@drdan

I hope it sticks for you and the nice thing about putting them in the login items is they are always mounted whenever I restart 🤓 

Share: