Forum

How to Choose the Best Mesh Wireless System For Your Home  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS

dth-boise
(@dth-boise)
December 10, 2018 8:50 EDT AM  

Nice article. Can you also visit how well Apple AirPlay works with the various mesh Wi-Fi systems? I installed Google WiFi and it substantially degraded the Airply performance between a newer iPad and older Apple TV located just 3 feet away.

ReplyQuote
davidson
(@davidson)
December 14, 2018 12:13 EDT PM  

Thank you so much for info!

ReplyQuote
(@curtisflloyd)
January 8, 2019 11:54 EDT AM  

Great article. With the demise of Apple’s offering, the search for a worthy replacement has been daunting. This article definitely helps. However, I recently switched to CenturyLink fiber 1Gbs service. I’m told I don’t need a modem if the router supports PPoE and VLAN tagging. Do any of these mesh systems support those?

ReplyQuote
jkdawson
(@jkdawson)
February 14, 2019 12:11 EDT AM  

I got the two node Orbi system for a little over $200 back in Black November and it has been great. The three node (AC3000) system is regularly available at Costco for for about $300. A friend of mine put one of those in his more challenging for wifi home and it has also worked out very well. In both cases, wifi performance now matches the performance of ethernet direct to the cable modem anywhere in the house. The Orbi app and admin web page both are mediocre. Strangely, there are some functions one can only do on the app and others you can only do through the admin page. Neither seem to be suited for anyone who wants to do super geeky tweeking.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: