Notifications
Clear all

How to Choose the Best Mesh Wireless System For Your Home  

Page 5 / 5
  RSS

(@greg_gehr)
February 24, 2020 7:38 EST PM  

Hi Dave

Can't wait much longer, need to either put in Synology mesh to extend my 2600 router, or scrap it and buy another mesh system (ouch), any hints or preview you are willing to share of your review findings so far?  

Greg

ReplyQuote
melaniestaines
(@melaniestaines)
March 10, 2020 10:19 EDT AM  

Where are the tips?

ReplyQuote
(@greg_gehr)

ReplyQuote
melaniestaines
(@melaniestaines)
March 11, 2020 5:59 EDT AM  

Thumbs up and thanks...

ReplyQuote
(@greg_gehr)
March 15, 2020 5:06 EDT PM  

I have just completed the installation of a MR 2200ac Synology Mesh router extending my 2600AC to my entire house. I started by following the instructions to set the two units physically together and go through the setup process via a wireless connection, then moved the 2200ac to the other side of my house and connected it via ethernet (for a wired ethernet backhaul) between the two units. It took a while for the units to complete each step, but the process was fairly painless and the units now appear to be working flawlessly. Speeds are at the max expected and consistent through both units, and the interface for testing and monitoring is working well. I am very happy. Next step is to get a managed switch between the two units to add more ethernet ports to my network, there are some internal switch configurations required according to Synology. This system is NOT for the technically challenged, but works extremely well and I am glad I made the jump.

jforbush liked
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: