Forum

So why all the links?  

RSS

geoduck
(@geoduck)
July 16, 2018 4:03 EST PM  

So what happened? Now it seems like TMO is more and more just an aggregator for other tech sites. You click on a headline and it takes you to MacWorld, Wired, or some other site to read the article. There's no page with TMO's take on the article, not to mention any way to comment on it. It seems like well over half of TMO articles aren't TMO articles any more. This is a sudden shift. So what happened?

ReplyQuote
Andrew Orr
(@andrew-orr)
July 23, 2018 3:49 EST PM  

It's something new we're trying out. Linked Teasers are similar to our Cool Stuff Found category, where I find and comment on articles around the web that I think our readers would be interested in.

Entytech liked
ReplyQuote
geoduck
(@geoduck)
July 24, 2018 3:07 EST PM  

A good example of why I don’t care for this is the article today about Twitter and Free Speech. This would be a perfect place to have a page with your take on the issue then the link. More than the single paragraph “sound bite” on the home page. Then there would be space our response to the article in the comments. Even better would be comments fron Bryan, John M, snd the rest of the TMO staff about the topic. The latter I often enjoy as much or more than the articles TMO links to.  But with a link off of the home page none of that happens.

ReplyQuote
Andrew Orr
(@andrew-orr)
July 24, 2018 3:22 EST PM  

Thanks for the feedback, I've passed that along to Bryan.

ReplyQuote
Dave Hamilton
(@davehamilton)
Admin
August 13, 2018 11:51 EST PM  

Just chiming in here, you make a good point about the comments, and it’s one that resonates with our own feelings as we evolve this experiment.

as you’ve probably noticed, we tweaked this so there’s (now) still a TMO “page” for you to visit and comment on here.

ReplyQuote
geoduck
(@geoduck)
August 14, 2018 8:00 EST AM  

Thats much appreciated. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@entytech)
November 8, 2018 6:22 EST AM  

Do that 

ReplyQuote
Share: