Forum

Amazon just bought Eero?  

RSS

Just as my I just go comfortable with my new Eero system, they get bought out by Amazon? Looks like IM going to dust off my old 6th Gen TC and return the Eero. No faith in Amazon when it comes to privacy issues. Thoughts? 

How does Ubiquiti Labs AmpliFi HD WiFi Router and AmpliFi Instant WiFi compare hardware wise as a Eero replacement? Thinking of getting one of each to replace my two 2nd gen Eeros. 

This is nuts! I'm floored. I've been setting up Eero for my clients for 2+ years now. I've got Eero in probably 200 client homes. Now I'm feeling a little more like this: https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/12/18221441/amazon-buying-eero-disappointing

Many of my clients are very protective of their privacy, and choose Apple-only ecosystems without Alexa, Facebook, (or sometimes even Google) in order to preserve that privacy. Now there are some real concerns to think about.

@davehamilton has been speaking highly of Plume v2 and Velop. Now might be a good time to make the switch. 

Curious on @davehamiltion take on this and his thoughts on  a AmpliFi HD WiFi Router and a AmpliFi Instant WiFi compare hardware wise as a Eero replacement? Thinking of getting one of each to replace my two 2nd gen Eeros. 

Share: