Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Any cable modem experts out here?  

RSS

I have a problem with a network that frequently loses internet connection. The LAN network is 100% OK (Ubiquity Pro USG + 24 Port POE switch etc. I spend a lot of time trying to find out why the internet connection clunks out during heavy traffic. For example, during the morning Peleton virtual bike race and late-night x-box gaming…

Recently I had a less severe situation solved by the cable technician who determined that the signal strength was too high, and after he installed an attenuator, the problems disappeared.

The problem is that this customer is an Xfinity residential customer for whom its hard to get intelligent tech support other than resetting the modem and power cycling it…

The modem is a Arris Surfboard T25

Mac Expert 2020 04 29 at 12.04.23
Mac Expert 2020 04 29 at 12.03.32
Mac Expert 2020 04 29 at 12.13.16
Mac Expert 2020 04 29 at 12.04.07
Mac Expert 2020 04 29 at 12.12.56

Docis 3.1 compliant, and the contract is for Gigabit speed.

I am a ham radio operator, and when I compare the values obtained from the Modem to the information I found online, I have a hard time interpreting the differences if any.

We are hoping that there is someone around here who can have a look at these results and let me know if the signals are within specifications and what corrections to make if we are not.

THANKS

https://postimg.cc/m1yWqbMw

Topic Tags
Share: