How to set up 2 fully functioning networks from one internet connection?
I'm trying to advise some folks who are trying to provide internet for their tenants downstairs. Looking for a solution that:
1) provides good coverage for upstairs and downstairs
2) keeps traffic isolated between upstairs and downstairs
3) allows downstairs devices to see each other (e.g. so he could set up a wireless printer)
4) doesn't cost an arm and a leg
5) doesn't require a level 10 IT certification to set up
Is this an impossible dream? 😉
Setting up Eero in the house and allowing the downstairs tenant to use the guest network works for everything except #3. So as far as I could tell the only way to do this is to set up something like a Unifi network then create a VLAN? Sounds time-consuming and expensive? Any other suggestions?