TIme Capsule Replacement?
Looking for a Time Capsule replacement (with Wifi 6) for coverage in a 1590 Sq Ft home and on a .20 acre lot with patio. Will support two computers, two iPhones, one ipad and two Apple TVs.
The Internet connection from Century Link is a DSL modem without wireless.
I also have been using wifi routers (marcus). It is with 3 antenna. Providing better service so far.
I hope I am not too late.
I want to highlight that you can use a Mac on your local network with an attached hard drive as the destination for all Macs to backup to. You can apply the 5 steps below with any Mac running Mac OS High Sierra or later.
For more details open the link:
"Mac shared as a Time Machine backup destination"
Main Article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202784 "Backup disks you can use with Time Machine"
Mac shared as a Time Machine backup destination
To use another Mac on your network as a Time Machine backup destination, complete these steps on the other Mac:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing.
- From the list of services on the left, select File Sharing.
- From the list of Shared Folders on the right, Control-click the folder that you want to use for Time Machine backups.
- From the shortcut menu that opens, choose Advanced Options.
- From the Advanced Options dialog, select ”Share as a Time Machine backup destination.”
When setting up Time Machine on your other Mac computers, you should now be able to select the shared folder as a backup disk.
This article outlines how to back up your iPhone
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Let us know if this opens up the path to a resolution or if you need a different solution. Let us know.