Mac Users Find Excitement In The Lack Of Solid Macworld Rumors
MWSF 2003 - Mac Users Find Excitement In The Lack Of Solid Macworld Rumors
by , 10:00 AM EST, January 7th, 2003
It appears that the only thing Mac users like more than knowing what's going to be announced at Macworld ahead of time is NOT knowing what's going to be announced ahead of time. This show has been probably the tightest show in terms of pre-Macworld security since the return of Steve Jobs to Apple, and the result has been a heightened level of anticipation and excitement.
The one thing that the mainstream press and normal Mac rumor outlets seem to be in agreement on is that there won't be any new Macs announced. While that would usually tend to signal a boring Macworld, it has actually had the opposite effect on the Mac community. People are talking about this show and asking each other, and me, what will be happening.
I mean that literally, too. I have had more people comment to me that they are really looking forward to this show than have done so in several years. Walking through the streets of San Francisco near the Moscone Center, I have also literally heard people in passing talking about the lack of rumors, and wondering what's going to be announced. With all the buzz about no new Macs, you would think the opposite would be true.
That's probably at the root of the new found fervor, too. With no new Macs being announced at this show, surely Steve Jobs has something big up his sleeve? According to one Apple source, that is exactly the case, but I was given nothing more than a big grin at my frustration in the way of details, so don't come looking to me for more info (it's a good thing that rumor mongering isn't our gig here at TMO).
It is going to be very interesting seeing what actually comes out of this show, and that's the way it should be. The thing I have always enjoyed most about Macworld is speculating about what will be announced, and not actually being told. It's kind of like Christmas in that regards, and it seems I am not alone.
Stay tuned to our live coverage of the event to find out what really happens.
- Thu, 9:34 PM
- Safari 10: Hide Flash from Every Website Except Some
- Thu, 6:53 PM
- Use 3D Touch in LINE to Read Messages without a Read Receipt
- Thu, 5:55 PM
- Apple Rolls iPhone 7 Commercial, "Balloons"
- Thu, 5:22 PM
- My Fantasy Wish List for Apple's October Event
- Thu, 1:48 PM
- How to Make macOS Sierra Empty Your Mac's Trash for You
- Thu, 1:23 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-29: John's Apple Product Wish List
- Thu, 12:47 PM
- Smartphone Photo and Video Certification Bundle: $29
- Thu, 10:47 AM
- New Retina MacBook Pro Models Expected in October
- Wed, 7:44 PM
- 8Bitdo Goes Retro with Apple-themed Game Controller for iPhone, iPad
- Wed, 5:16 PM
- ACM 378: Life Without a Headphone Jack, More Apple Watch, Siri on the Mac
- Wed, 5:08 PM
- NuGuard KX Case for iPhone 7 Offers Superb Protection
- Wed, 4:39 PM
- MyMac Spotlight Interview on Bryan Chaffin