Intuit Announces Quicken 2003 for Mac
From The Expo Floor - Intuit Announces Quicken 2003 for Mac
by , 10:00 AM EDT, July 18th, 2002
Intuit, maker of Quicken financial software, today announced the release of Quicken 2003 for Mac. We had a chance to sit down with Product Managers Adam Samuels and Aruna Venkatachalam, to get a closer look at a late beta of the product.
One major focus of Quicken 2003 was to make the process of getting up and running, and exchanging data with financial institutions, as painless as possible. To this end, the product has an improved, integrated download transactions window, so that you can view all of the institutions you need to download from in a single screen. There's also a download transactions tutorial, to make you totally comfortable with this operation. To ease navigation once you do get all your data into Quicken, there's also a new customizable toolbar.
The investments portion of the program also contains several enhancements. There are now specific transaction types for stock splits, mergers, spin-offs and other types of transactions one may encounter with a brokerage. You can also better track your brokerage cash transactions, such as writing a check, or making an ATM withdrawl. Plus, the ability to download your brokerage transactions has improved, with more brokers allowing direct download of your data into Quicken.
Quicken 2003 Mac will be available August 21, 2002, and have a suggested retail price of $59.95, and an upgrade price of $20.
The Mac Observer Spin:It's great to see Intuit continue to address the needs of their Mac consumer customers, who are estimated to be nearly 1 million strong. Now if they would just address the needs of the many Mac business customers who need QuickBooks Pro, which Intuit has abandoned on the Mac.
- Thu, 8:19 PM
- Eddy Cue Dampens Expectations for Original Apple TV Programming
- Thu, 7:33 PM
- Mad Max Available on Mac App Store and Steam
- Thu, 6:25 PM
- Satechi Slim Rechargeable Aluminum Bluetooth Keypads
- Thu, 4:44 PM
- Apple Will Likely Let the 2013 Mac Pro Quietly Die
- Thu, 1:58 PM
- MacBook Pro's Function Touch Strip Called Magic Toolbar
- Thu, 1:05 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-20: Apple's 'hello again' Media Event Predictions
- Thu, 9:39 AM
- watchOS 3: How to Use Emergency SOS
- Thu, 9:00 AM
- The Mac Power Organizer Bundle
- Wed, 8:04 PM
- E Ink Keyboard MacBook Pros Aren't a Sure Thing
- Wed, 6:28 PM
- IK Multimedia Announces MODO Bass Modeling Software for Mac
- Wed, 6:15 PM
- Performance Tests: Every iPhone Ever Made
- Wed, 5:28 PM
- Apple 'hello again' Media Invites Suggest Reintroduction of Mac Product Line