Fresh from the Observation Deck, a look at iPhone sales in China, a sneak peek at iOS 16.4 features, and a bit of news around Apple TV+.
Columns & Opinions
Washington Wading In on Apple
DoJ may be gearing up for an Apple fight, the House wants to name and shame tech CEOs, and a dazzling, depressing trailer from Apple TV+.
Buffett Goes Bigger on Apple Investment
The Oracle of Omaha picks up more Apple, ups and downs of Apple in India, and people who trained an Apple AI are kind of ticked off about it…
Apple Updates and Bing Chat Might Go Mobile [U]
What Apple’s most expensive phones cost Apple, an Apple supplier plans expansion in India, and Apple issues many minor OS updates.
Way to Not Fire People!
Praise for Apple’s people prowess, praise for Apple’s bottom line, and CarPlay’s catching an Uber. That’s today from the Observation Deck.
Services, Threats, and Stumping for iPhone 14
Considering Apple Services, in defense of the entry-level iPhone 14, and iFixit breaks the latest HomePod.
Apple Picks a Chief of People
Apple’s got a new people person, four guesses at Apple’s least-owned device, and Apple Pay Later and Apple Pay, later.
Adding AI and Revving the Engines
Big tech goes bigger on AI, Google and Mozilla rev their engines for iPhone, and for sale: One Apple Museum Starter Kit.
On the Questionable Questioning of iPhone Demand in China
Considering iPhone price drops in China, Evercore is still bullish on the App Store, and updates for Apple’s media players.
- Playing the Really Oldies - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-10
- Working Longer and Sleeping Better - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-14
- Spring OS Updates Without a Product Event? - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-24
- Making Apple TV+ a Superstation? - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-23
- Counting and Ditching iPhones - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-21
- iPhone 14 Plus Fails at Failing - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-22
Reacting to Apple’s Earnings and Playing Tetris at SXSW
Looking out from the Observation Deck, we see reactions to Apple earnings, South Korea okays Apple Pay, and playing Tetris at SXSW.