Some iPhone thieves are getting more diabolical with their crimes by trying to trick victims into giving up their iCloud user name and password. The crooks are sending their theft victims legit looking messages saying their stolen device is being tracked, and they can find it by clicking a link and log in to their iCloud account.
Apple Patches Pangu Jailbreak Exploit with iOS 9.3.4
Apple released iOS 9.3.4 on Thursday, only a couple weeks after rolling out iOS 9.3.3. This surprise update shuts down the Pangu jailbreak, and the credit card and PayPal security breaches that came along with it.
Apple Helped Drive Uber Out of China
Uber and Didi were locked in a battle to outspend each other in China in hopes of becoming the dominant name in the ride sharing market. When Apple invested US$1 billion in Didi, however, Uber knew that strategy wouldn’t work and agreed to a deal where Didi bought out its Chinese operations.
How to Watch the Olympics for Cable Cutters
With the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics only days away, it’s time to plan out which event’s you’ll watch. If you don’t have a cable TV subscription, that’s OK because there are plenty of other ways to get your Olympics fix.
- More iPhone Making for India and More Soccer for Everyone - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-06
- Sobering Thoughts from TSMC's Founder - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-17
- Cook, China, and the Latest Round of Updates - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-28
- A Mixed-Reality and Mailbag Monday - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-13
- Making Apple TV+ a Superstation? - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-23
- Ted Lasso Goes to Washington - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-20
Tim Cook Tweets: Record July for App Store; Developers Have Earned $50 Billion
Tim Cook announced on Twitter Wednesday that July was a record month for the App Store, and that Apple has now paid more than $50 billion to developers. Both represent massive accomplishments, and the $50 billion paid out to developers would make the reputation of any other company for decades to come.
Apple's Squirt Gun Emoji is a Subtle Dig on Gun Violence
Apple always adds new things to its big operating system upgrades, and sometimes it takes away things, too. When iOS 10 ships this fall it’ll be missing the handgun emoji icon and in its place we’ll get a bright green squirt gun. The change comes as gun-related violence and deaths are on the rise in the United States, and following a public campaign urging Apple to remove the gun emoji.
Facebook Targets Snapchat with Instagram Stories
Watch out, Snapchat. Facebook is taking you on with its new Instagram Stories feature in Instagram. Like Snapchat, Instagram Stories lets you draw on photos and videos then post them where followers can see your impromptu works of art before they disappear 24 hours later.
Judge Tosses Out VirnetX's $625M Patent Infringement Win Against Apple
VirnetX’s big US$625 million patent infringement win against Apple just became a big loss. Federal Appeals Court Judge Robert Schroeder tossed out the judgement and set a retrial saying VirnetX acted inappropriately during the trial and very likely prejudiced the jury.
Apple Adding More than 100 Diverse Emoji to iOS 10
Apple announced Monday that it will add more than 100 diverse emoji to iOS 10. The new emojis are part of the Unicode Consortium’s ongoing efforts to expand emojis, and Apple said it’s working with the Consortium to include diverse options.
- 'Everyone But Jon Hamm' is The Best Apple TV+ Advert Yet
- Update to 'Apple Frames' Shortcut Supports Apple Watch Series 7, 2021 MacBook Pro
- Tripp Mickle's Book 'After Steve' Covers Apple's Rise to Trillions
- These NFT 'Meta Watches' Aim to Transform the Luxury Watch Market
- Revealed: The Full Voicemail Message Jon Hamm Left For Tom Hanks
- 'MusicMatch' for Mac Now Here, Music Services Expand
Niantic 'Fixes' Pokémon GO Tracking by Removing the Feature
Good news! Niantic updated the Pokémon GO app to address the three-step tracking bug. Bad news! They “fixed” it by taking the feature out. And the salt in the wound is that third-party Pokémon trackers stopped working, too. Good luck finding new Pokémon now.