Are you excited about beginning with iOS apps development? Read along to find how to build completely functional iOS mobile apps and get into depth with Swift’s help, a programming language for learning ways of creating the main logic to begin the iOS App.
Learning about IOS app development with Swift Programming language is the ideal way to learn how to create mobile apps that are compatible with the iPhone or iPad. Having proper knowledge regarding building your first IOS app, the tools needs, central concepts, and most excellent practices will make your work easier. Every lesson includes conceptual details needed for completing it. The step by step procedure will assist you in creating a simple yet highly functional IOS app. Once you start to follow it and build your App, you will be learning regarding the concepts in IOS mobile app development and earn a proper understanding of this Swift programming language. You will also become familiar with different vital specifications of Xcode that is the integrated development environment or IDE of Apple.
What are pre-requirements?
It is considered that an individual has proper knowledge of the Swift programming language. An individual does not have an expert in this programming language for completing the lessons. However, you will be getting more from these lessons if you can read and also understand the Swift code comfortably.
If you are uncomfortable with the programming language, check the Swift Playgrounds application and find the exercise or learn to code. Also, you can try working via the Swift tour from Swift 3. They will be providing you a strong base in this programming language.
Get an idea of the lesson
Suppose you are developing a simple App for tracking meals. It will show many meals on a list and include the names, ratings, and photos of the meals. Any user will be able to add, delete, and edit any meal. For adding a new feed or editing the current one, they can browse to another screen where they will be able to state a name and rating along with a photo for a specific meal. All lessons are followed by a project file of Xcode that exhibits an instance of ways the code and user interface will be appearing once the experience is completed. After you are done with the lesson, you will be able to download that project and also check the work done against it. You can also refer to all concepts that you learn during the lessons and refresh your mind.
Should you get hold of the tools?
For iOS apps development using Swift, you will require a Mac laptop or desktop with an operating system 10.11.5 or next to run Xcode’s latest version. It comes with every specification you will require for designing, developing as well as debugging an app. It will also have iOS SDK that extends the Xcode for including all tools, frameworks, and compilers that you will specifically require for the development of iOS.
So, download the Xcode’s latest version on your Mac device from the Apple store. To download it follow these steps:
- Go to the Apple Store on your mobile
- In the search option, type Xcode, press Return key. Xcode will be showing the initial search result
- Click the option Get and then Install App
- Enter the Apple ID along with your password when needed. Xcode will be downloaded.
How to create a basic user interface?
You will become familiar with the Xcode, tool used for writing the apps. You will also have an idea of the project’s structure in Xcode, learn how to navigate between and make use of fundamental project components. You will be starting to make an uncomplicated user interface for the App and also view it. After you complete it, your App will have a name, one text field for changing the name, and a button to reset the name.
What are the learning goals?
After the lesson for iOS apps development is completed you will be capable of:
- Creating any secondary scene of storyboard
- Understanding the main table view components
- Creating and designing a personalized table view cell
- Understanding the table view delegates along with data sources’ functions
- Using an arrangement for storing and working with data
- Displaying active data in one table view
What are the final results?
Once you learn the basics of the iOS apps development, you will be ready for starting to develop your first completely featured App. It will not be an easy job to take an app from a basic concept to the App Store. However, the procedure and practices that you have learned will be guiding you towards correct direction. Go through the below-stated points:
- Become a registered developer: Become a registered iOS app developer with the help of App Distribution Quick Start.
- Earn experience designing great app interfaces: Learn how to make an app consistent by using iOS user interface conventions. Learn how to build an adaptive and versatile user interface.
- Have knowledge of the Swift programming language: It will describe all you will require to be familiar with Swift.
- Master to develop excellent apps: You must know the necessary things to do while you develop the App.
- Acquire an understanding regarding available technologies: Become proficient about the basics and different technologies available to the App in this platform.
- Acquire the skill of debugging and testing the App: If you debug with Xcode you will learn how to be debugging and test the App in the Xcode thoroughly.
- Learn to ship the App: Be competent of ways to provision devices to test and submit your App to the Apple Store.
These lessons were mainly written by making use of Xcode 8.1, Swift3, and iOS SDK10. Always try using these versions when you will work on any tutorial. If you use another version, the screen may appear to be different. You might also require to have some changes to the code for getting it to assemble.