|[8:00 AM] E-mail FileMaker Plug-In Updated
Comm-Unity Networking Systems announced the release of Mac SMTPit 2.0b1, for FileMaker Pro. SMTPit is a flexible FileMaker plug-in that allows you to send e-mail directly from FileMaker without the aid of any helper applications. The latest version even allows you to include attachments. To use it, all you will need is an e-mail address, an SMTP server, and FileMaker Pro 4.x or 5.x. According to the company:
With this release we have added the most asked for enhancement: attachments. The plug-in is virtually the same as 1.0RC3, but with bug fixes and attachment support. This release also includes a SMTPit function reference database, and the easier to understand Mailer Example solution which is explained step by step in the documentation.
Features of SMTPit
- SMTPit supports normal e-mail fields such as To, CC, BCC, From, Subject, and Body.
- SMTPit adds support for a unique Header/Footer field in the body of the e-mail message.
- SMTPit add the ability to append to all e-mail fields, including the Header/Footer, with the exception of the From field.
- SMTPit allows you to include extra E-mail Headers, such as "X-Mailer: SMTPit", with your e-mail messages.
- SMTPit now allows you to attach files to your e-mails.
Pricing and Availability: A fully functional demonstration version of Mac SMTPit along with the Example Mailer solution and documentation is available. Until you register your copy of SMTPit, it will show a splash screen when FileMaker starts and it will include an extra footer in all e-mails you send. Once you register your copy, both the splash screen and the extra footer will disappear.
:A Single User License for SMTPit is US $65, and the Site License is US $250. A Developer's License is now available for US $780, and a Single Educational License is available for US $45.
You can find more information on the product at the company's web site.
Comm-Unity Networking Systems