MacAT Update Includes Several New Features
||MacAT, a task scheduling program, was recently updated to version 4.6, which adds "Eject removable disk" and "Sleep" tasks as well as the "Set" schedule (a sequentially processed group of MacAT tasks). According to the author:
MacAT is a Windows AT/UNIX cron task scheduling application for Macintosh server administrators. It is a fat binary application that allows 30 of the most common MacOS tasks to be run daily, weekly, monthly or yearly without user intervention.
- These scheduled tasks include:
- Launching Applications, Files and AppleScripts
- Quitting individual applications or alternatively quitting all currently running processes
- Rename and Delete any File or Folder
- Hide and Show applications, Mount remote AppleShare volumes
- Copy Files or Folders to mounted AppleTalk volumes
- Unmount nominated AppleShare volumes; Restart or shutdown the Macintosh, and send e-mail.
MacAT is downloadable shareware, the update is free to registered users and the full version is priced at US$39.