Aladdin Systems, Inc. today announced the acquisition and release of Galleon Software's desktop stock ticker application, MacTicker(tm). Working unobtrusively in the background, MacTicker gathers information on stock portfolios, mutual funds and major indexes from leading online financial sites and delivers it directly to the desktop, in the form of a scrolling ticker that can be placed anywhere on the desktop. MacTicker updates information as often as every minute, keeping a wealth of market information within immediate reach.
MacTicker is a highly customizable application, allowing users to personalize it for their specific needs. Attention-getting alerts notify investors when a stock has moved up or down a certain, user-specified amount, allowing investors to go about their work without the need to monitor their portfolio constantly - MacTicker does the work for them. The stock market boom and day-trading have created a frenzy of interest in financial information, requiring people to more closely monitor their investments and the markets at large. MacTicker's constant stream of scrolling financial data keeps any Macintosh user in touch with the markets and their portfolio with just a glance at their monitor.
MacTicker's Features And Benefits
- Instantly warns of stocks that rise or fall by a user-specified amount
- Displays the value of user's selected stocks, mutual funds and leading indexes
- Runs unobtrusively in the background providing a continuously updated stream of data to the desktop, keeping users informed without interfering with their work
- Quickly jumps to a user's favorite trading Web site to execute trades
- Users can quickly customize the stock ticker's information, size, location, colors, scrolling direction and more for only the stocks that users are interested in
- Tracks any number of mutual funds, indexes and individual stocks
- Displays, prints or recompiles detailed stock reports with the click of a button
- Choice of financial data sources, depending on individual portfolio considerations
How It Works
Operating through an active Internet connection, MacTicker gathers information from a list of financial Web sites that offer online stock quotes. MacTicker works with direct IP access to the Internet and can also be used with a SOCKS firewall Internet connection.
MacTicker requires a PowerPC-based Macintosh computer running System 7.5 or higher, with 4 MB of RAM, Open Transport, Internet Config (or the Internet control panel under Mac OS 8.5 and later), and an IP connection to the Internet. It does not currently support indirect access to the Internet, such as with America Online or CompuServe.