MYOB has released a new version of MYOB Plus. MYOB Plus is a cross-platform full accounting package, and this new release brings the software to version 9. The new version contains a slew of new features and other enhancements. According to MYOB:
As an off-the-shelf, competitively priced product, MYOB Accounting Plus Version 9 offers phenomenally powerful features, including the ability to e-mail forms and reports, multiple currency accounting and strong inventory, among others. MYOB Accounting Plus is the first accounting solution in its class to offer this combination of productivity features.
ABOUT E-MAILING FORMS AND REPORTS
MYOB Accounting Plus Version 9 offers small business owners and managers the ability to send invoices, purchase orders and reports directly from Accounting Plus via e-mail. No more printing forms or addressing and stamping envelopes, MYOB Accounting Plus users with e-mail accounts need only click the "e-mail" button to be able to bill customers, order from vendors or send reports. Melding the speed and efficiency of e-mail with the power and functionality of MYOB Accounting Plus allows businesses to receive payments and products faster than ever, putting money in the bank and product on the shelf in record time. Accountants will be happy to receive reports from Accounting Plus users immediately upon request!
ABOUT MULTIPLE CURRENCY ACCOUNTING
MYOB Accounting Plus version 9 gives users the ability to buy and sell goods and services in foreign currencies. It tracks exchange rates, calculates and posts realized gains, and keeps an easily accessible record of both the foreign and the local currencies for any given transaction. The popularity of multi-currency accounting is increasing with the growth in electronic storefronts, and MYOB Accounting Plus is here to service the need!
MYOB Accounting Plus makes efficient inventory management quick and easy with features including an item-pricing matrix consisting of 6 price levels and 5 quantity breaks, 7 years of item history, a 30-character item number, user defined lists and fields and a graphic on the item card. The pricing matrix allows users to select special pricing for customers according to volume purchased, customer loyalty, special sales, or whatever criteria the user decides -- and to have this pricing appear automatically on invoices. For users taking advantage of Accounting Plus' multi-currency, the six price levels per item can be assigned to different countries and priced accordingly, making it easy to invoice foreign customers.
OTHER PRODUCTIVITY ENHANCEMENTS
Mostly user requested, MYOB Accounting Plus offers several other new enhancements designed to hasten the accounting process, including:
- Users can mark unused cards, items, accounts or jobs as inactive, with just one click of the mouse. Once marked, they will not show up in pop-up lists. This not only speeds up data entry by slimming the list, but it also helps avoid mistakenly using invalid accounts or cards.
- Unlimited sales tax codes - users can set up and track collections for as many sales tax codes as needed. Plus, users can now consolidate tax codes for reporting sales to multiple taxing authorities. MYOB also tracks import duties.
- Add bank service charges and interest earned directly from within the Bank Reconciliation screen. MYOB Accounting Plus version 9 also provides drill down arrows on the reconciliation screen so users can easily access the originating transaction.
- Advanced Inquiry -Accounting Plus users can save tremendous time finding transactions by searching through a date range, a dollar amount or a range of amounts, on one account or all accounts, and even on any text within a memo field. When you need to find something, MYOB Accounting Plus' job is to make it easy - and it does its job well.
- Expanded Import/Export fields - MYOB Accounting Plus has just added considerably to its import/export capabilities by including time billing, enhanced inventory and additional customer and vendor payment terms information.
- MYOB Accounting Plus users can now select which network protocol they want to use; NetBIOS/NetBEUI and TCP/IP for Windows and AppleTalk or TCP/IP for Macintosh. Supporting TCP/IP makes Accounting Plus one of the only cross platform products in its category. This means that users can have employees with both Macintosh and Windows systems use the same MYOB datafile at the same time!