|[2:15 PM] MacSoldiers Seeks New Daily Editor
Our good friends at MacSoldiers are looking for a new daytime editor. Jon Bonner sent us a note detailing the requirements. According to MacSoldiers:
MacSoldiers is currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Daily Editor. This position should - at this time - be considered volunteer based, however compensation may be negotiable in the future based on advertising revenues.
Candidates must posses strong HTML knowledge and have a good grasp on the English language. Candidates must also be willing to work on a daily basis five days per week. Time requirements depend largely on the amount of work involved per day - which varies - combined with the candidate's skill level. On average, four to six new columns will be published on MacSoldiers weekly.
The Daily Editor's responsibilities would include:
- Receive all new content submissions from MacSoldiers staff.
- Proof read submissions for accuracy. (For example, making sure a link is valid, checking for typos, and running a spell checker. Don't worry, we're not looking for a copy editor.)
- Publish new content on the web site within a 12-24 hour time frame using predefined HTML templates.
- Send out a press release regarding the new content.
- Contribute to the site with original work - at least one column or review per week on average.
- Contribute on the staff mailing list to help make editorial decisions, etc.
- Have fun and enjoy gaining valuable web site experience.
Anyone who is interested in this position should contact Jon Bonner.
Please include your resume and/or demonstrate your knowledge of the required abilities (examples of previous HTML work are preferred). References, if available, are also encouraged and welcome.
If you are interested in helping to run a Mac web site, let M. Bonner know. If you would like more information abut MacSoldiers, go and check it out!
The Mac Observer Spin: Judging from some of the mail we get from people who think they could do it better, there must be some interest out there! :-) [Editor's Note: We apologize for that last joke, but it seems we couldn't resist...]