PMI PMP (Project Management Professional) certifications are globally known and have helped numerous project managers to get expertise skills in managing project. In every country, there is a huge demand for PMI PMP certified professionals to effectively and efficiently manage the leading projects. This certification helps you to meet the need of project and also make you competent to handle the actual management of an enterprise. After getting this certification your chances of promotion as well as salary increment becomes more prominent. Project managers play a key role in the growth and development of any organization and after being PMI PMP certified you can better manage the team and bring the completed project within a specified time-frame and budget.
Who can apply for PMI PMP Certification Exam?
- The Project managers who want to grow their career prospects and want to get PMI PMP certification.
- Experienced project managers who are handling all aspects of the project.
Requirement of PMI PMP Certifications
Here are 2 different requirement sets for PMP exam
- A secondary degree (global equivalent, high school diploma or associate’s degree)
- Almost 1 year of directing and leading the projects
- 35 hours of management of product managing
- 4-years degree
- Almost 6 months of directing and leading the projects
- 3rd will remain the same as first set
How to apply for PMI PMP Certifications Exam?
There are a number of steps you have to go through to apply for PMI PMP exam. The steps are:
Fulfillment of Eligibility Criteria
PMI PMP certification needs you to meet the basic experience and educational levels. It is best to collect the information and keep it handy before the application. To find out the eligibility criteria it is best to consult the handbook.
Completing the application
After meeting the eligibility criteria the next step is to complete the application, you can use the online certification system which can guide you through the process. The following information is needed
- Contact Information – Email id, address and phone number
- Education – School level information
- Domain experience – Details of the project you have worked upon
- Domain education – The details of the course that you have completed
Review of the Application
Once the completed of application PMI reviews the application which typically takes 5-10 days. If there is any question in midst of review process the PMI can contact the candidate via email. A small percentage of applications are also selected or audit to confirm the application with the experience levels.
After the application is reviewed, you will get the go-ahead from PMI and then you could complete the payment. It is best to complete the payment via online certification system. Once the payment is received you will get the eligibility number and you will be eligible for one year. The candidate can take exam 3 times a year.
After the payment, the candidates have to schedule the exam in any of the Prometric Test centers with the exception of CAPM exam where you have to take the exam in the proctored environment through Pearson Vue center.
PMP exam structure
There are around 200 multiple choice questions comprising of 25 unattempted queries and score of 175 broken into the below phases
|Exam section||Percentage of the exam|
|Monitoring and Controlling Section||25|
Tips for preparation of PMP certification
- First and fore most step is to go via PMP textbook thoroughly and reviewing PMP exam content outline. Visit PrepAway: https://www.prepaway.com
- Take up and practice the sample questions from Prep Away.
- Take up the best preparatory courses like the PMI texts or PMI accredited Registered Education Providers (REPs). You can take up PMP Prepaway exam simulators.
- There are iTunes and Android PMP apps are the great study materials you can follow.
- Follow the PMBOK book which is the guidebook for PMP certification.
- It is important to break the PMBOK chapters and questions to small parts for the periods of months (the time you have allotted for preparation). This will give ample amount of time for studying each section and will be led the strong foundation to clear the exam.
- Fix the amount of time you have planned for studying consistency is the key.
- Take short breaks whenever necessary. It is very important to take breaks and not to stretch long hours of study as it will tire you.
Top Resources To Prepare
Maintaining the certification after clearance
Qualifying and clearing PMP exam is, of course, great and it rewards you with great career options. However, for staying relevant, you have to follow the ‘Continuing certification requirements’ CCR program. This means you have to pay the annual membership fee and earning 60 PDUS every three years.
PMI PMP certification will give rewarding career, potential and flexibility with salary boost. PMP certified professionals get 20 percent more hike than the uncertified one, according to ninth edition salary. Once you get the certification your chances to get better paying jobs becomes more prominent and you will get a handsome amount of salary.
The PMI PMP certification is one of the well-renowned project management certifications. To achieve this certification not only an extra edge over the project management techniques but also to your career. PMP certified professionals get better hikes all over the world. Of course, the certification is not easy and requires a great amount of hard work for its clearance and maintenance but as it has such a potential it is worth it. Before taking the certification prepare yourself with the popular courses available to make sure that you are preparing with the right and authentic study materials.
So grab your PMP certification soon and open the doors of the world of opportunities.