TMO To Go Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #32: What Your Mac Does Behind Your Back and Advanced Podcasting Setup
by , 3:30 PM EST, January 2nd, 2006
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For January 2nd, 2006
Today's Macs do a lot more than the original Mac ever did, and some of that stuff happens without you knowing it. John and Dave start this conversation with some of the things they watch on their Macs to make sure nothing is happening that shouldn't be. Dave also found a solution to his dream podcasting setup, and talks through the details of that, as well!
If you're using iTunes to download and listen to podcasts, we have two feeds:
Note: Shownotes are complete.
- CacheFly - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- Heil Sound - John and Dave are both using Heil Microphones today
- The Devil's Advocate - Spotlight: Is Your Mac Going To Rat On You?
- ProSoft Engineering
- .Mac Backup
- Secure .Mac-based iChat
- Audio Hijack Pro
- Mackie Onyx 1220 Mixer - Dave uses this Firewire-enabled mixer to manage the podcast
- Party for the People 2006
- Little Snitch
- Macworld Expo Podcast Symposium
- Review the Mac Geek Gab on iTunes (please!)
- fsck - File system consistency check command
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael, aka Computernap!
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes 4.9! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Mon, 3:48 PM
- For the First Time South Korea to Begin Manufacturing Front-Facing iPhone Camera, Starting with 14
- Mon, 3:07 PM
- Visitor to Disney World Claims $40,000 in Fraudulent Credit Card Charges after Losing Apple Watch
- Mon, 1:49 PM
- Season 3 of 'Ted Lasso' May be on the Bench Until the End of 2022
- Mon, 1:47 PM
- Advanced Wireless Threat Detector Now Helps Locate Unwanted Nearby Apple AirTags
- Mon, 1:07 PM
- Apple Looking to Legally Block Patent Troll from Refiling Face ID Patent Claims
- Mon, 1:07 PM
- EA Reportedly Spoke With Apple in Search for a Buyer
- Mon, 9:45 AM
- Signed Memorabilia of Apple History Placed for Auction
- Mon, 7:36 AM
- Siri Needs Better Consistency As a Voice Assistant
- Mon, 6:16 AM
- Indian Government Cybersecurity Agency Warns About Severe Vulnerabilities That Affect Apple Products
- Mon, 6:08 AM
- Apple Mulls Expanding Manufacturing Hub Outside of China Due to Covid-19 Restrictions
- Mon, 5:55 AM
- Do Recent FCC Filings Indicate a New Apple AirPort?
- Fri, 3:46 PM
- EU Looking to Force Apple to Give Developers Access to All Software and Hardware Features