Podcast - Weekly Roundup: A Creative Settlement
by , 9:00 AM EDT, August 26th, 2006
Direct Link: MP3 Version
This week's top story is the legal Judo coming out of Apple and Creative. Ricky Spero and Jeff Gamet send the companies' recent settlement through the Context Machine, and find we've just seen one of the most clever business maneuvers in tech history. Also: AOL beats iTunes to market in digital movie downloads. Where do we sign up? No, seriously: it's not clear how to sign up.
If you enjoy the podcast, please consider rating us, reviewing us, and voting for us! You can vote at:
You can also review us at the iTunes Music Store.
- The Context Machine Fodder
- Apple Pays Creative $100 Million to Use Patent; Creative Joins 'Made For iPod'
- TMO Reports - What Lies Behind the Apple-Creative Settlement?
- AOL Offers Movie Downloads
- FCC Filing Reveals More Zune Info
- FTC to Investigate Need For Net Neutrality
- New Compact Mac Mouse, Keyboard from Adesso
- OWC Announces Portable 1.5TB RAID System
- Trans International Announces Mac Pro RAM Kits
- Monday's Mac Gadget - Want to Supercharge Your Dock? Check Out Todos!
The Product Roundup
Don't forget, the Podcast and Portable Media Expo coming up, September 29-30.
This news is written by the staff of The Mac Observer.
Bandwidth provided courtesy of Cachefly.
Bass by Boom, for TMO.
- Mon, 6:09 PM
- Physics Professor and Jazz Musician Dr. Stephon Alexander - BGM Interview
- Mon, 3:40 PM
- Electronic Frontier Foundation Unveils ‘Atlas of Surveillance’
- Mon, 3:19 PM
- 'The Morning Show': Cast and Crew of Apple TV+ Show Discuss Series's Relevance
- Mon, 2:56 PM
- ‘Uyghurs for Sale’ Report Claims Apple Uses Forced Labor
- Mon, 2:40 PM
- 4-Panel Foldable Solar Phone Charger and 10,000mAh Power Bank: $34.99
- Mon, 2:20 PM
- Media Monday! Greyhound, Idris Elba, and TV+ – TMO Daily Observations 2020-07-13
- Mon, 1:14 PM
- Apple Warns Not to Close Your Laptop Lid With a Webcam Cover
- Mon, 1:02 PM
- Apple Tackles The Whole Working From Home Thing
- Mon, 12:33 PM
- SiriusXM Buying Stitcher in $325 Million
- Mon, 12:10 PM
- AAPL FY20 Q3 Earnings Call To Take Place July 30
- Mon, 11:58 AM
- Apple TV+ 'Greyhound' Review
- Mon, 11:54 AM
- Apple Customers Affected by ‘Batterygate’ Can File to Receive a Settlement