Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #162: Cool Stuff Found, Hidden Accounts, MobileMe, iDisk and More
by , 11:00 PM EDT, August 4th, 2008
Download: or (AAC coming shortly courtesy of Michael Johnston of iPhoneAlley)
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For August 4th, 2008
The show today starts with John and Dave talking through Cool Stuff Found: that's Stuff from them AND from you, and there's some great tidbits in here. Then the conversation turns to revisiting hidden login issues from last week, as well as some MobileMe and iDisk sync explanations. Chock full of great info, you'll enjoy this episode!
Sponsor: TextExpander: The customizable typing shortcut utility - if you're not using it, you're wasting time.
Sponsor: Speed Download: Four amazing products in one: a turbo-charged download manager with auto-resuming downloads, a fully featured secure FTP client, a file sharing utility with full encryption, and complete .Mac/iDisk/WEBDAV connectivity.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- EarthDesk 4
- Deep Freeze
- How to restore the operating system to a previous state in Windows XP
- Mac 101: Keychain
- Dictionary Editor
- Apple - Support - Discussions - Unlearn a word? ...
- Eudora 6.2.4 for Mac OS
- Spamfire 2 - Protection & Revenge
- Create completely hidden accounts in 10.5 and 10.4.11 (solution?)
- TEMPEST Certification
- Keyboard clicks can lead to security hacks
- Want A Decent 802.11g Access Point? Try The WRT54G!
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to .
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Heil PR-40 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is also used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Westone ES2 custom-fit earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael Johnston from iPhone Alley then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Fri, 5:40 PM
- You Could See More Political Campaign Emails In Your Gmail Inbox
- Fri, 5:07 PM
- Apple Pulls ‘Hide My Email’ Support in Third-Party Apps from macOS Ventura Features Page
- Fri, 2:37 PM
- 'The Late Show' Host Stephen Colbert Talks Apple TV+, "Joins" the Cast of 'Severance'
- Fri, 2:16 PM
- NASA to Send an iPad to the Moon to Test Alexa in Space
- Fri, 1:35 PM
- Apple TV+ Keeps Things Moving By Renewing 'Physical' for Season 3
- Fri, 12:56 PM
- Websites Hosting iOS 16 Developer Betas Allegedly Getting Taken Down by Apple
- Fri, 12:56 PM
- Apple Celebrates 40 Years in Australia with New Environment Initiatives and More
- Fri, 12:43 PM
- Epic Games Versus Apple App Store Appeals Hearing Set for October 21
- Fri, 11:55 AM
- Rumors Suggest iPhone 14 Pro Series to Start with 128GB Model Despite Price Increase
- Fri, 11:52 AM
- Apple Signs Deal with Pulitzer Prize-Winning Production Company to Beef Up Its Original Podcast Content
- Fri, 11:43 AM
- Apple Tells Suppliers to Make At Least 90 Million iPhone 14 Units Despite Market Slow Down
- Thu, 3:56 PM
- Galarian Zigzagoon Community Day is Coming in 'Pokémon GO': Here's What You Need to Know