You know how it goes: your computer’s working fine one day, the next it’s not. That’s what John and Dave are here for… to help! They start today’s episode with some handy tips that aren’t documented anywhere, then they move on to answering your questions and solving your problems, including the path of progress upon which APFS travels. Subscribe, press play, and enjoy!
MGG 710: The Active Evolution of APFS
You know how it goes: your computer’s working fine one day, the next it’s not. That’s what John and Dave are here for… to help! They start today’s episode with some handy tips that aren’t documented anywhere, then they move on to answering your questions...
Sponsor: eero – With eero, you can install an enterprise-grade WiFi system in your home in just a few minutes. Simply download the eero app on your iOS or Android devices, and it’ll walk you through each step of the process. Use code
MGG to get free overnight shipping!
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 710 for Monday, May 21, 2018
- 00:02:26 Heat-Shrink Tubing and Hot Glue Guns
- 00:05:13 Ken-QT-Fn+Arrow to Scroll
- 00:07:27 Jon-Make Sure you have a serial number
- 00:12:26 Scott-Switch and Restore an App’s Windows
- Cmd-Tab, release Tab, Option
- 00:14:27 Scott-Google Wi-Fi Performs Well
- 00:20:15 Bill-Configuration of Quasi-Mesh
- 00:29:56 SPONSOR: eero mesh routers – Get free overnight shipping by adding it to your cart and then using coupon code
MGGto have the shipping fees comped.
- 00:34:02 How to test QoS
- 00:38:21 Eduardo-709-Try Do Not Disturb While Driving to Disable FaceID Requirement
- 00:43:00 VoicePrint While Driving?
- 00:44:47 Qi vs. Lightning Charging Priority
- 00:52:37 Allison-709-Wearing Two Earphones While Cycling
- 00:59:51 Tim-Another Xserve/Desktop Mac SSD Option
- 01:02:41 Thunderbolt vs. PCI vs. PCI-Express
- 01:05:10 Mark-USB 3 or Thunderbolt for Boot Drive
- 01:10:35 This week’s MGG Premium Subscribers:
- Rick S., Harvey H., Ian T., John P., Mark P., Timothy B., Jim D., Jeff P., John V., Stephen A., John D., Santiago M., Ken L., Gary B.
- 01:12:04 John-APFS or HFS, Booting from External
- 01:18:33 How to remove macOS from a drive?
- 01:25:30 MGG Outtro
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- Active MGG Sponsors and Coupon Codes List
- You’re downloading today’s show from CacheFly’s network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network