|You can see your company logo on the Team page just by signing up for SETI@home and then joining our team! That's it!
Sign up at least 2 computers with the SETI@home project and have those accounts join Team Mac Observer. Send us your account name with the SETI@home project, your logo, the name of your company, and your company URL.
After we have received your e-mail and confirmed that your accounts have joined our team, we will put your company logo with a link to your company web site on the Team Mac Observer web page*. It's that easy!
These computers can be at your office, your home, or wherever! (See our Company Tips for more help) And while we are a Mac web site, you can have whatever platforms you want on our Team: Mac, Windows, Linux, MacOS X Server, Amiga, BeOS, whatever! It's the idea of helping to analyze this data that we are excited about.
Logos are placed first come, first served, so hurry up and sign up your company!
* We will have most logos up quickly, but give us 24 hours to get your logo on the page to be on the safe side. We do reserve the right to not put any logo which we do not feel is appropriate.
Tips for your company
- Make your account names reflect your company. You can see two of our teams in the team roster (Mac Observer iMac 266, and Mac Observer StarMax 6000 266). This helps increase your exposure and show company pride at the same time!
- If you have already signed up your account, but want to change your team name, you can change your account information with SETI@home. Make sure you click on the link for getting your password on that same page if you have not done so. They send it immediately.
- Signing up multiple accounts for each of your machine will also help increase your exposure, each account will be seen after all.
- You may also want to have all of your computers running on the same account so that your company can leap to the top of the Team Roster. The SETI@home listings are arranged in order of who has completed the most work units.
- Include a contact e-mail address when you sign up and make sure you check "Show my e-mail address" when you are asked. If you have not done this, you can change it in your SETI@home preferences.
- Leave your computers on, especially at the office, so that they can process as much data as possible. This is especially true on the weekends. While leaving your machine on all the time will slightly increase the wear and tear on movable parts like your hard drive, all in all it will not harm your computer.