IdeaInvestor Labels Apple "Diamond In The PC Rough"
by , 4:15 PM EST, March 21st, 2001
Kenneth A. Toudouze, CFA, of IdeaAdvisor.com is called Apple a "diamond in the PC rough." The analyst cites Apple's very low P/E ratio compared to the rest of the industry and some other factors to say that Apple offers a good investment opportunity. In Mr. Toudouze's search for top tech picks in the S&P 500, and Apple placed the highest of all the tech companies they found. According to IdeaAdvisor.com:
We've been looking for "value" technology names within the S&P 500. First, we used BASELINE to sort through the names; then, we evaluated the data, based on recent percentage change in earnings.
Our findings? Only five technology names made the Top 50 -- no surprise. And believe it or not, Apple Computer tops the list, coming in at number 11. (Energy, Utilities and Basic Materials names comprise the Top 10.)
We also looked at how Apple ranks, relative to its peers, in terms of free cashflow per share, because producing cash is optimal when the economy is slowing down. The results are published in the table that follows.
Despite what one might think of its products, Apple may be a money maker if the downward trend continues. Its price, relative to free cashflow, is half of that of its closest competitors, IBM and Dell.
Mr. Toudouze says that Apple bottomed out in December and seems to be forming a head and shoulder bottom. He pegs 22 1/4 as the price Apple will reach in "one or two" weeks. For those wondering, Mr. Touduoze is a CFA, which InvestorWords.com defines as:
An individual who has passed tests in economics, accounting, security analysis, and money management, administered by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts. See also Registered Investment Advisor, Chartered Financial Consultant, Certified Public Accountant.
Check out the rest of the article for a handy chart and additional information.
The Mac Observer Spin:This pronouncement was based on technical analysis and not anything dealing with Apple's ever improving product line, Mac OS X, or other issues related to Apple's operations.
- Wed, 7:28 PM
- ACM 375: Google Want to be Your Ride, Tim Cook's Message Pivot
- Wed, 6:49 PM
- Is There Anything Apple Can't Do? That's Now a Problem
- Wed, 5:51 PM
- Every Apple Key Since 1997 at a Glance
- Wed, 5:27 PM
- The Ultimate Mac Cyber Security Bundle: $49.99
- Wed, 4:39 PM
- Judge Rejects Monster's Claims in Beats Lawsuit
- Wed, 2:00 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-31: Monster v Beats Lawsuit Implodes, Dropbox Data Breach
- Wed, 12:47 PM
- Update your iOS 9.x Devices Now!
- Wed, 10:54 AM
- It's Official: Stranger Things Season 2 is Coming in 2017
- Wed, 10:25 AM
- Apple's iCloud gets 2TB Storage Tier Ahead of iPhone Launch
- Wed, 9:35 AM
- OS X: Use a Keyboard Shortcut for Display Mirroring
- Tue, 9:56 PM
- Idle Thoughts on Google Entering Ride-Sharing Business in San Francisco
- Tue, 7:06 PM
- iTrip Clip Makes Your Headphones Wireless Ahead of iPhone 7 Launch