Analyst: Apple Set to Record Second-Best Quarter in its History
TMO Reports - Analyst: Apple Set to Record Second-Best Quarter in its History
by , 1:40 PM EDT, April 11th, 2006
Analyst Shaw Wu of American Technology Research on Tuesday predicted that next Wednesday, Apple will report financial results that make the first quarter of 2006 the second best in its history. He expected that the company will exceed its guidance of US$4.3 billion in revenue and $0.38 EPS.
"Specifically," Mr. Wu wrote, "we are modeling $4.4 billion, $0.43, and 8.8 million iPods vs. consensus of $4.6 billion and $0.44. For the June quarter, we continue to believe AAPL will guide conservatively, reflecting efforts to reduce inventory of PowerPC Macs and older iPod Nanos. We are modeling $4.4 billion, $0.44, and 8.5 million iPods vs. consensus of $4.7 billion and $0.48. We believe consensus revenue estimates remain unrealistically high and believe AAPL will likely make another attempt to reset expectations."
He added: "We believe AAPL is well-positioned to deliver upside with strong 2H seasonality and strong product momentum, including a new low-cost Intel portable and changes in its iPod line-up. We are modeling [Apple] to grow 35% over the next 12 months. We remain firm believers that the move to digital entertainment is a multi-year trend and that AAPL is well-positioned to capitalize with its unique and defendable iPod + iTunes and Mac franchises."
The analyst retained his "Buy" rating on the stock, which was selling for $68.58 at 1:37 PM EST on Tuesday, down 0.13% for the day amid broader Nasdaq weakness. Apple's shares jumped dramatically last week on the heels of the release of Boot Camp and then dipped slightly as investors took profits. Trading was light on Monday and through most of the day Tuesday.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Fri, 4:55 PM
- Microsoft Takes Apple by Surprise, Pours on the Heat
- Fri, 4:51 PM
- Dear Apple: Your Products Are Thin Enough Already. Stop it
- Fri, 4:35 PM
- Apple Fixes 2 Bugs in iTunes 12.5.2 Update
- Fri, 4:12 PM
- PDF Expert 2.0 for Mac: $29.99
- Fri, 2:26 PM
- Apple Discontinues 11-inch MacBook Air, MagSafe Now on Death Row
- Fri, 1:35 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-28: Apple's Touch Interface Philosophy, USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 Explained
- Fri, 10:52 AM
- TV App Goes Part Way Towards Being a True Apple TV Unified Viewing Experience
- Fri, 9:35 AM
- Customizing Apple Watch Faces on Your iPhone
- Thu, 8:04 PM
- Jony Ive's Inside-Look Video for MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- Thu, 7:39 PM
- ACM 382: How Pro Are the New MacBook Pros?
- Thu, 5:53 PM
- Apple Adds Support for 3 Video Codecs in Sierra and El Cap
- Thu, 5:36 PM
- Apple Releases Combo Updater for macOS Sierra 10.12.1