Analyst: Apple Set to Record Second-Best Quarter in its History
TMO Reports - Analyst: Apple Set to Record Second-Best Quarter in its History
by , 1:40 PM EDT, April 11th, 2006
Analyst Shaw Wu of American Technology Research on Tuesday predicted that next Wednesday, Apple will report financial results that make the first quarter of 2006 the second best in its history. He expected that the company will exceed its guidance of US$4.3 billion in revenue and $0.38 EPS.
"Specifically," Mr. Wu wrote, "we are modeling $4.4 billion, $0.43, and 8.8 million iPods vs. consensus of $4.6 billion and $0.44. For the June quarter, we continue to believe AAPL will guide conservatively, reflecting efforts to reduce inventory of PowerPC Macs and older iPod Nanos. We are modeling $4.4 billion, $0.44, and 8.5 million iPods vs. consensus of $4.7 billion and $0.48. We believe consensus revenue estimates remain unrealistically high and believe AAPL will likely make another attempt to reset expectations."
He added: "We believe AAPL is well-positioned to deliver upside with strong 2H seasonality and strong product momentum, including a new low-cost Intel portable and changes in its iPod line-up. We are modeling [Apple] to grow 35% over the next 12 months. We remain firm believers that the move to digital entertainment is a multi-year trend and that AAPL is well-positioned to capitalize with its unique and defendable iPod + iTunes and Mac franchises."
The analyst retained his "Buy" rating on the stock, which was selling for $68.58 at 1:37 PM EST on Tuesday, down 0.13% for the day amid broader Nasdaq weakness. Apple's shares jumped dramatically last week on the heels of the release of Boot Camp and then dipped slightly as investors took profits. Trading was light on Monday and through most of the day Tuesday.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Thu, 1:48 PM
- How to Make macOS Sierra Empty Your Mac's Trash for You
- Thu, 1:23 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-29: John's Apple Product Wish List
- Thu, 12:47 PM
- Smartphone Photo and Video Certification Bundle: $29
- Thu, 10:47 AM
- New Retina MacBook Pro Models Expected in October
- Wed, 7:44 PM
- 8Bitdo Goes Retro with Apple-themed Game Controller for iPhone, iPad
- Wed, 5:16 PM
- ACM 378: Life Without a Headphone Jack, More Apple Watch, Siri on the Mac
- Wed, 5:08 PM
- NuGuard KX Case for iPhone 7 Offers Superb Protection
- Wed, 4:39 PM
- MyMac Spotlight Interview on Bryan Chaffin
- Wed, 2:42 PM
- iOS 10 and Swift 3 Starter Bundle: $45
- Wed, 1:47 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-28: Blackberry Ditches Smartphones, Apple's Think Different Ads
- Wed, 12:54 PM
- Dr. Mac's First Impression: iPhone 7 Plus
- Wed, 11:43 AM
- Skype Adds Lock Screen and Siri Integration on iOS 10