Apple Reports Revenue of $4.3 Billion, Profits of $410 Million [UPDATE]
TMO Reports - Apple Reports Revenue of $4.3 Billion, Profits of $410 Million [UPDATE]
by , 4:50 PM EDT, April 19th, 2006
Apple Computer reported Tuesday revenue for the March quarter of US$4.36 billion and profits of $410 million, or $.47 per diluted share. That compares to revenue of $3.24 billion with a profit of $290 million ($.34 per diluted share) during the year-ago period.
Apple beat (slightly) its own estimates for revenue of $4.3 billion, but missed Wall Street consensus estimates of $4.5 billion. Profits, however, beat both Apple's estimates of $.42 per share and consensus estimates of $.43 per share.
"We've generated over $10 billion in revenue and almost $1 billion in earnings in the first half of fiscal 2006," Apple CEO Steve Jobs said in a statement. "Our transition to Intel processors is going very well, and our music business just experienced another quarter of outstanding growth."
The company sold some 1.112 million Macs and 8.526 million iPods during the quarter, representing a 4% growth in Macs year over year and a 61% growth in iPod sales. Wall Street had been expecting some 1.2 million Macs sold, and estimates ranged from 8 to 10 million for iPod unit estimates, meaning that Apple fell towards the lower end of those expectations.
Apple is estimating revenue of $4.2 to $4.4 billion for the June quarter, with earnings of $.39 to $43 per share. Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer said that those earnings estimates included, "an estimated $.04 per share expense impact from non-cash stock-based compensation, translating to non-GAAP EPS of about $.43 to $.47."
Apple is about to start its conference call with financial analysts, and TMO will provide coverage of additional news stemming from that call.
*In the interest of full disclosure, the author holds a small share in AAPL stock that was not an influence in the creation of this article.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Sun, 10:47 AM
- How do I choose a UPS? – Mac Geek Gab 646
- Sun, 1:15 AM
- Get Free Bitcoins from 11 Faucets That (Still) Pay
- Sat, 9:42 PM
- How to Turn Siri into a Metronome (Video)
- Fri, 10:17 PM
- Stanford's 'Developing iOS 10 Apps with Swift' free on iTunes U
- Fri, 8:20 PM
- iPhone Screen Repairs By Third Parties Now Get Some Warranty Coverage
- Fri, 7:56 PM
- Amazon Goes with First Amendment to Protect Alexa Recordings
- Fri, 6:28 PM
- An App that Automatically Notifies People of Your Trip Progress
- Fri, 5:51 PM
- Apple and Silicon Valley Struggle to Navigate Trump's Waters
- Fri, 5:43 PM
- The Thinking Behind a Female Voice for Siri
- Fri, 5:13 PM
- Enjoy Outdoors Activities With These Top 5 iPhone Apps
- Fri, 2:01 PM
- Amazon's Echo First Amendment Rights Fight - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-24
- Fri, 10:01 AM
- iTunes Remote App gets Two-Factor Authentication Support